THIRTEEN

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 :
not this thing again

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     THE WEST AREA WAS STRANGE, ONCE the door slid open it revealed another dead soldier lying on the floor

     THE WEST AREA WAS STRANGE, ONCE the door slid open it revealed another dead soldier lying on the floor. Once they made sure he wasn't going to get up randomly and attack them, they moved on and found a suspiciously quiet room—that was what was strange about it, the lack of danger.

     Leon noticed a rectangular machine on the wall that looked like the one she found in Section 1, and he pulled out a signal modifier. He played with the radio signal for a little before he matched it up, and placed it into the box. So that was what was missing from before. She figured he got it from Section Two.

     The lights flickered on, illuminating the dominantly white room. This allowed the computer to light up. It was on an email page, one belonging to a certain William Birkin. They discussed the G-Virus and Umbrella Corporation.

     The room was connected to another, so they entered it and found a basic lab. There were materials that they didn't need on the cabinets and a bed in the middle. Since nothing was of use, they pushed forward.

     Leon unlocked the next door in the way and it opened to reveal a coat rack full of yellow hazmat suits hanging from hangers. One was thrown randomly onto the floor as if the person taking it off was in a rush.

     Rae spoke up, "Do you think we're being exposed to some kind of radiation or toxin down here?"

     "If we were, it's already too late." Leon shrugged, looking around the room a little more before he waved her over to the sliding door at the end of the hall which had opened when he stood by it.

     "You're right." She frowned. Radiation poisoning or any toxin for that matter did not sound enjoyable, but she wouldn't doubt she had something wrong with her after all they'd been through tonight. "I don't wanna grow a giant eyeball somewhere."

     Leon shivered at the thought, his body tingling as he imagined a giant eyeball on his limbs, "Me neither."

     The sliding door revealed a room with grates on the floor then an area with blue lights stretching across the walls and ceiling in an arch shape. They made their way through it cautiously, covering their eyes when some kind of liquid began to fall on them.

     They walked through the lights and made it to the other side, where there were fans, drying them off. The two rushed through, making it to the end of the long room and entering the next sliding door.