chapter 3 (Who hurt her family?)

I clench my fist to hold back the tears welling up in my eyes. I may be tough, strong, and cold but I am never immune to tears especially when my family is involved.
Sir Rutherford my dad's best friend killed my father right in my very own eyes.

"Thank you boss for keeping me updated. Can't wait to exert my plans" I said with blank expression.

"Anything for my diva." He gave me a million-dollar smile but I wasn't having that, my face was as hard as a rock.

"Alright I'll be leaving now" Blaze stood up and left

"Wait don't tell me you pushing through with this?" I sat down and Queen sat beside me.

"I'm just going there to win her trust nothing much," I said casually.

"So what did you wanted to tell me?" I asked.

"Uh, It's about jake" jake is the best friend of Lucia. (Lucia is Queen's boyfriend)

"What about him?" I arch my brows at queen.

"He... he... um.. he just told me to pass this message to you that he loves you and he wants you to give him a chance." Queen looked away abruptly not wanting to see the possible reaction on my face.
For that moment I really didn't know what to feel. Okay let's say I know exactly what to feel and what I am feeling but I don't know who to feel it for. Rage was stirring within me
And what I don't know is if I should be anger at queen for telling me such bullshit or that mother fucker for even feeling any stupid thing for me.
I didn't say anything to queen  as I just remained quiet trying to keep my temper in check.

I was silent as I gazes into space trying to register and process the trash I just heard.
Suddenly, something skips into my mind. An idea which tossed away my anger and replaced it with a smirk on my lips.

"Really?" I turns to queen and queen gave me a poppy eyes, she stared blankly at me for a while and as if she just realized I was replying to what she had said, she finally nodded. "Alright call him and tell him I've accepted."

"What?" Queen choked on her saliva. "just like that?"

"Did you tell me so I'll refuse?"

"No, Just that I wasn't expecting that... anyway let me call him now. ."

*****

At three stars hall.

(Lindsey Rutherford's engagement)

I am sitting comfortably on a chair, At the outskirt Of where the party is going on.
Beside me is a table. I placed a Bottle of MC Donald on top of it. Holding a glass of wine.
Staring at the confused guest, I smiled wickedly.
Sir Rutherford's daughter has earlier been called upon on the stage Since the party is been thrown in her honor.
After waiting for over one hour, it dawned on both the family and guest that Lindsey Rutherford is Nowhere to be found.
A message popped into My phone. From Jake.

"DONE!" It's read

With that, I dropped the glass of drink on the table, adjust my black coat, wore a dark-colored cowboy hat covering some part of my face, I stood up and walk majestically through the crowd.
Having left the hall, I proceeded to the residential area of the Hotel.
"Please please, I am begging you don't do this to me. I will give whatever Amount of money you want just don't take away my virginity " cried a girl's voice as I  approaches the door of one of the hotel rooms.
With that, I  killed a step and a satisfactory smile flickered across my lips. The fucker is really doing the job perfectly.
Wiping off my smile,  I barged into the room abruptly.
And just the plan, Jake was forcing himself on Lindsey on the bed who was trying to defend herself.

I had to act as the super-hero.
I  attack Jake from behind. I gripped his shirt and shove him off Lindsey. Just as we had planned, I was to act like I was pouching him and kicked him out of the room. But I don't know this thing with men, when it comes to men I always lost my cool I forgets about my damn principles. Next thing, I was shoving Jake against the wall. I landed some good amount of pouch on his face till it got swollen then I kicked his ass out. When I turn to face Lindsey, she  was dumbfounded, standing a confused lady in the bed. I tried not to let my anger for her father consume me. The plan is I was head to play her super-hero so forcing a smile on my face, I walked closer to her.

"Are you okay?" I  Asked compassionately stroking Her hair.

"Yes——Yes" she replied weak.

"Alright! You have to leave now this place is not safe for you, everyone has been looking for you out there" I told her.

"Thank you for coming to my rescue. I owe you my life. Thank you so much." Lindsey said.

"Here..." I handed a slip to her.

"That is my contact card call me when you need my help" I added beaming with a fake smile as Lindsey reciprocated with a genuine smile.

"I am sorry Lindsey Rutherford, you are my number one weapon against your father" I declared in my  heart as I felt blood rushed through Her veins.
I walked out of the hotel's room while Lindsey ran back to the hall. While I walked through the hallway, I  stopped by Jake.

"My Goodness scarlet breaking my jaw was never part of the plan," He  emphasized holding his jaw.

I rolled her eyes.

"So the job is done, does that mean you are my girlfriend now?" He committed one crime he's gonna regret later by placing his felty hands on my face and stroke my hair backward. I jerked  his hands down from my face and  tried walking  past him. Keyword, tried cause I didn't succeed as Jake committed another crime by gripping my arm and pulling me back.

"Ignoring me wasn't part of the deal right?" He asked getting upset. I didn't say a thing to him. I looked down at my hand and I believed he got the message, he removed his hands from mine.
"You told me to act as though I'll be raping that girl then you come and act as her hero. You didn't even tell me why we had to play a nameless game yet I agree because you promise to be my girlfriend after that."

I chuckled and sighed,
"you know, you must be the biggest fool of the century to think that I Scarlette will ever date your kind." My voice was calm, too calm than I had intended but I loves my calm voice though. Cause the more calm I speak the more dangerous I sounds. I tried to walk off again but I was pulled back by Jake for the second. "let go of me."

"Why? Do you think you can dupe me? who do you think you are?" He yelled shaking me vigorously.

Now he didn't just touch me but he dares get on my nerves. I could barely keep my cool.
"You have ten minutes" I couldn't even hear my own voice, the anger I was feeling now made my voice so low, all I could see now was red.
But Jake is too blind to get the message as he burst out laughing.

"you know I can have my way with you right? What if rape happens for real and this time it won't be acting you'll be the real victim." His childish treats made me laugh against my will.

"And I'll play the hero," I smirked. "Three minutes remaining."

As if asking for a death wish and digging his own grave, He decided to attack my dress. He gripped the hem of my top trying to rip it off.
I gripped his arm and twisted it, I Felt his bones breaking beneath my grip, I push him so hard to the wall making him hit his head and it started bleeding. I approached him and gave him the beating of his life. I left him with a swollen eye, swollen cheek, and a broken bones.