March 8, 2015

"Harry Styles was always the "different" kid. Besides his physical outlook, such as his obnoxious dark brown curls that created an uncontrollable monster on his head, his forest green eyes only making his hair pop out more, his eyes never being able to stay in one place. Growing up, he never liked leaving the house. Whenever he was forced out of the comfort of his home, there was always voices raised and blood spilled. Little Harry had no way to protest at age 4 except for the power of a piercing scream and long nails that would quickly find their place in your skin when the fierce toddler was brought to leave his home. His mother took up working from home once Harry was born, wanting to keep an eye on her precious, and her eldest daughter, Gemma, being engulfed in the wonders of being a all so cool 7 year old. His mother had her own separate office, a door to lock herself in when Harry got too demanding and feisty. But during his time of being alone, Harry found himself adventuring. He ditched his stuffed animals and action figures and toddled around, exploring, learning every crack and hiding place that existed in his family's home. When being brought to leave, he was terrified of the outside world. He wouldn't know what cabinet to hide in, what closet to run into and lock himself in. He wouldn't know the good hiding spots out their, only the dark corners."

"Growing out of his toddler years and into his primary stages, still carrying the fear of the outside, Harry only got worse. After giving up the 15 minute minutes to leave to school every morning, the little boy would becoming mute in the school atmosphere, the eyes glued on another and the children's mouths not having a block, saying whatever they had come to mind. Harry's parents were always so shocked when conference night come, the curly haired teachers always commenting how Harry needs to talk more, he need to put himself out there more, for this brought shock for them for this quiet boy description did not at all fit the rumbustious boy that they knew at home.  He felt safe at home and away from the world, knowing the places to run to when things just got too hard. At home, it was warm and filled with love, society only being filled with darkness and judgmental words. Harry was not seen with many kids at school, only Tommy, really. And when Tommy was away, Harry would spend his lunch in the library, his nose deep in a book about the Americans, fascinated of how America had the courage to depart from the British. When he didn't have his heart and soul in a book of the Revolutionary War, and Tommy was around, Harry still wasn't seen talking much. Tommy was an outgoing kid, and he'd be seen talking the most, Harry only nodding or laughing in response, spitting out a few words. But Tommy liked how Harry didn't talk much, and Harry liked how Tommy didn't make him talk if he didn't want to."

"Entering his teen years, Harry's social skills only decreased more. He stopped talking so much at home, seeing how stressed and overworked his parents were. When he'd go to one of them with a problem, they'd only tell him that the world is full of problems and that they have their own to deal with, like his sisters college. Harry being 16, Gemma was now almost 19 and wanting to run away to the states for college, one in New York City. Harry never knew why, she said she was born to be a star. She always ran around the house, dealing with her own problems with boyfriends and friends. Harry remembered, we all have our own problems. His older sister planning her life path, Harry started thinking about his, and his teen years was when he was faced to confirm one fact. He's gay. Growing up, he had noticed that the boys around him were all having crushes and girlfriend, and he just wasn't. He didn't have that "pull" to anyone. No one but Tommy, at least. Tommy and him were close as ever, having the tie of knowing each other for 9 years on their shoulders. Sleepovers at Harry's every Friday, venturing off to Tommys and playing video games every day after school well insisting they were studying for a big test next week. Tommy had grown, joining the football team. He didn't becoming a jock though, he didn't become popular. He stuck with Harry, the two still sitting at lunch and joking about the poplars "drama" of who's dating who, and who broke the code of friendship by dating someone else crush. First World problems him and Tommy would call them, joking about how they popular had it oh so bad. Tommy was an attractive lad, hands down. His light blond hair always swept over his forehead, the tips of his hair brushing against his soft eyelashes, his deep brown eyes popping out from his light hair and pale skin. Girls flock to him, overlooking his skinny frame and pale skin, he always ignoring their pick-up lines though. Tommy had been openly gay since he was 14, now being 16."