Chapter 5: I am Negan

- Y/N has to come to come face to face with a demon of her past, seducing her to actions she'll most likely regret -

"Home sweet home." Sasha's joyful voice sounds over the radio. You slowly open your eyes to peer out of the window. A familiar suburb is passing by you. From here it should only be about 20 more minutes until Alexandria comes into view.

With a low grunt you force yourself to sit up right again to stretch yourself. You yawn for a long moment, gaining Daryl's attention. "You awake?"

"Yeah," you sigh while rubbing your eyes. "You didn't wake me for the switch."

"I'm fine", he explains. "You need the rest more than I."

After four hours you two would switch places, so the other can sleep and rest a little. Daryl being Daryl, he put your comfort over his, letting you sleep in on your driving shift. You look into the rearview mirror to see Sasha and Carl in the car behind you. Your brother is sleeping himself, his head resting against the window.

The trip was exhausting, you are all tired beyond belief. But it was worth it. Not only is the back of the truck filled to the brim, you also found medications you needed for the cut and your cold. Both got better within the weeks on the road, though you're still feeling a little tired and weak.

"Jesus, can't wait to finally hop under a shower." you murmur, when you catch a glimpse of yourself in the rear mirror. There is not one inch on your body that is not covered by dried blood, except for the left side of your face, of course. You were pernickety about keeping the cut clean. Your new set of clothing is also completely blood-spotted, even your hair is crusty from all the guts you had been wearing for the last few weeks. Same goes for your friends, we must be a sight to behold, you muster.

There is no doubt in your mind that you all are reeking, luckily you lost your sense of smell about two days after you arrived, a welcomed side effect from being covered in rotten flesh non-stop.

You pull out a piece of paper from the pockets of your new and already ruined jeans. There are 23 lines drawn on it. One line for every day you guys were outside. The Saviors' last pick up must have been two days ago, meaning you will have enough time to hide all the stuff you guys found, once you're back in Alexandria.

"I hope the other team found something in the meantime, we are due over a week," you speak quietly to Daryl. He just lets out a grunt in return.

Your father must be driving up the walls by now. You definitely would, if one of the teams would be missing that long.

Hopefully they found the drugs Negan wanted. It's been weeks, but you're still beating yourself up for what you've said, he was so pissed. It's not like it wasn't true what you've said, you've just been stating the obvious, but still.

Negan has a short temper, that's for sure. It's like walking on eggshells around him and you were stupid enough to step on some. Of course you want to remain on his good side, but oddly enough not only for the obvious reasons. It's strange but you kind of liked the way he looked at you, almost like he cared.

"Shit, we're having guests!" Shasha curses over the radio, tearing you away from your thoughts.

Alarmed, you turn in your seat to look behind you. "No way," you mutter in disbelief. Saviors. Two trucks are following closely behind Sasha.

"Fuck!" You yell, recounting your lines on the paper. "Did we misscount?" You yell, starting to panic. "Did we fucking misscount?!"

"Not by two days!" Daryl hisses, while his eyes switch between the road ahead and the trucks behind. "Fuckers must have been waiting."