ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ. fancy

"I STILL can't believe you just grabbed his face and kissed him." the blond best friend tells Katie as they're both standing behind the counter of Small World. "Honestly, me neither." Katie blushes. "The fact that it was in the rain too! Oh my god so romantic!" The enthusiasm of her friend makes Katie laugh.

"So? How was it?" Olivia asks while she opens up a box of candy to place on the counter. "Was what?" — "The kiss you idiot. Is he a good kisser?" Katie laughs while still blushing. "I mean, I don't really have anything to compare it to, but it was really good. He was very gentle." Butterflies fill her stomach again as the girl thinks about her first kiss.

Although she had never kissed before, she had seen many kisses in movies. She always thought it was stupid how they would portrait those moments. She just didn't understand how touching someones lips with yours could create a magical moment. But now she had her first kiss she can't stop thinking about it. The movies were right. Kissing is magical.

"So what now?" Olivia asks. "Now we're going to try and go on dates. He said that if it goes well and I feel comfortable enough, he might ask me to be his girlfriend." Katie painfully touches her ear as Liv makes a high pitch noise, scaring a costumer. "Sorry." she almost whispers to the elder lady who now continues finding the right apples.

"So when is your first date?" The blond asks as she puts her focus back to her best friend. Katie shrugs. "I'm not sure. He told me he had something in mind and I would hear from him when it was time." Olivia nods as she continues placing the candy on the counter.

"How do those go though? Dates?" Olivia can't help but smile at her friends cute question. "It's basically a hang out, like we do, only now you do it with someone that you are romantically interested in and you might hold hands." — "We hold hands too sometimes." Katie says as she grabs Liv her hand. "Oh I know we do. But we're basically already married so that's another story." She says as makes Katie laugh by winking at her.

"Anyway, it's really not as different as our hang outs. Only I think Josh is the person to take you on a fancier date than just grab some pizza and go to the movies like we do." Katie shrugs again. "Yeah, taking me to a abandoned school is very fancy." The girls make eye contact for a second and then burst out in laughing. "It's the thought that counts Katie. And didn't he take you to the lake afterwards?" The brunette nods. "See? That's quite fancy if you ask me."

"Anyway, enough questions for now. Act like you're helping me, Tom is looking at us and other wise he'll give you a new task." She says as she slightly moves her head to where Tom is standing.

When Katie locks eyes with her sweet boss she smiles for a second and then quickly grabs some candy out of the box to help her best friend.

A few minutes pass by before the girls hear a familiar voice.

"Noah!" Olivia says enthusiastically as she rushes towards him and throws her arms around him. They hug each other for a few seconds and then give each other a kiss, after which Tom jokes with them about the 'no kissing' policy in the store.

"Sorry sir." Noah laughs as he let's go of his girlfriend to greet Katie with a hug.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were hanging out with Josh." Olivia tells him. "I was, but then he send me over here to do this." Noah takes a envelope out of his back pocket and hands it to Katie.

Olivia moves next to her best friend to be able to see what's written on the letter:

Dear Katie,
Please be ready for our first official date at 5pm today, I'm picking you up.

Love, Josh

"Aaaah! That's so exciting!" Olivia says as she hugs her best friend. "Wait he didn't tell me what to wear though." The girls look at Noah hoping he will give her an answer. "A dress or something neat will be perfect." He tells her.

"Why didn't he just text this or came with you to say it?" Olivia now asks. "He thought a handwritten letter was fancier." Noah answers. The girls quickly exchange a look and chuckle. "What?" Noah asks. Olivia shrugs as Katie softly continues laughing. "Nothing, it's just an inside joke."

[AUTHORS NOTE]
it took me way too long to write this
chapter omg

are you excited for their 'first' date?

- mai