ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ. aquarium

IT'S SATURDAY morning as the girls walk down the stairs. Them and Jolanda decided it was best for Olivia to stay the night, since it got very late yesterday.

"Good morning mom." — "Good morning girls." Jolanda says as her daughter gives her a kiss on the cheek.

"What's up?" Katie asks her mother. Jolanda shrugs. "Nothing, I just woke up." Katie raises het left eyebrow. "Mom, you are eating chocolate ice cream at ten in the morning. That is your comfort food." — "Even I know that." Liv adds.

Jolanda lets out a small laugh. "I have such observing daughters." She says as she stands up from the kitchen chair and puts her empty cup underneath the coffee machine. A smile forms on Kat her face when she sees the reaction of her best friend on the word 'daughters.'

"Remember that I asked my friend Lola to come to the aquarium and grab some dinner afterwords?" Kat nods. "Well she just called that she is sick. But the tickets are already paid and that stupid place won't give me my money back." She sighs.

Katie places her hand on her mothers shoulder. "I'm sorry mom, that sucks. Can't you just go by yourself?" — "Yes I can, but it's just a lot more fun when you have someone with you."

Kat nods in understanding. "Wish I could come, but -" — "Movie night. I know sweetheart. Don't worry about it. I'll make sure to be out of the house when your friends arrive and ask James if I can join him for dinner." Jolanda smiles.

"Why don't you just ask my dad to come with you?" Olivia asks. Both the Griffin girls turn their head to the blonde girl who is pouring some oranje juice in her glass. "He likes aquariums and I don't think that he has been to one since... you know mom. And I'm pretty sure he will never say no to dinner."

"Alright, I'll go ask your dad then." Jolanda says smiling as she grabs her phone to call Olivia her dad, Tom Billard.

"Do you really think you're dad will say yes?" Kat asks her friends after her mother left the kitchen to call him.

Olivia shrugs. "I honestly don't know. Something that I do know is that he definitely won't get out of the house, except for work of course, if no one asks him to."

The teenage girls are sitting around the table, eating their smoothie bowl as Jolanda enters the kitchen again.

"And?" The blonde girls asks hopefully. Jolanda smiles and nods. "He said yes."

From excitement Olivia shoots op from her chair. "Oh my god, really?" Jolanda nods again.

"I thought he knew he was going to say yes." The mom says while laughing a little. "Yeah... I didn't. But I'm very happy you believed me when I said so." She says.

Jolanda laughs. "Me too." She says as she gives Liv a quick hug. Katie smiles. It makes her happy to see her mom interact with her best friend like she's her daughter. And she knows that it makes Olivia happy too.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

@oliviabillard

oliviabillard: guess what we're watching tonight :)xxx likes | xxx comments

xxx likes | xxx comments

katgriffin: that's easy, definitely the hunger games
↳ oliviabillard: 🤡🤡

jolandagriffin: have fun girls ❤️
↳ katgriffin: thanks mom, you too ❤️
↳ oliviabillard: thank you, say hi to dad

joshbeauchamp: wait, are we supposed to be dressed up? @noahurrea
↳ noahurrea: 👀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

[AUTHORS NOTE] 

sorry i know this isn't the most excited chapter 

hope you still enjoyed it (stay tuned for some very excited stuff to happen soon though)

- mai