Episode 4: The Cat's Awakening

"So did you kill the Rifto?" "Yes, I did" said Myth. "Excellent! And here is what I promised you..." The quest dealer gave Myth an item. He looked at the item in glory. "This should help Kat in becoming a powerful mage" he thought.

As Kat entered the graveyard with Mizuki, she knew where her parents were. "My parents, my real parents... they're dead too..." the thought ringed around her head the whole time she was there. "Princess Kat?" said Mizuki. "Are you spacing out? We're at your parents' grave. Please greet them. They would really like that. Kat snapped out of her trance. She started to speak softly at the grave. "Oh... Hello... I just wanted to say thank you. Even if I have never seen you before, I still took care of me when I was a baby and worried for me when I was kidnapped..." She looked at the engraved years they have lived. "Wait... this grave was made about 300 years ago..." Mizuki glanced at the sky. "Yes. They died 300 years ago. Though Mageo has a huge time difference from Earth, the lifespans of the people here are no different than the humans on Earth." Kat never knew that. She thought the Mageons could've lived for hundreds of years. "Wait, if my parents are dead, then who's ruling the city?" asked Kat in an urgent tone. Mizuki replied "The neighboring kingdom is ruling Ocelo currently as a temporary throne. The royalties are on a trip right now and won't be returning for a while. She then grabbed Kat's arm and started running back to the city. "Wh-whoa, hey! Mizuki, where are we going?!" said Kat. Mizuki ran as fast as she could holding Kat. "We're going to my guild! That's what I wanted to show you the most!" Kat seemed pretty surprised, yet interested in Mizuki's guild. Now she wanted to see what it was like. "She mentioned Hunter being in her guild hall. Probably because he's part of her guild too. But what about Myth? She hasn't mentioned anything about Myth yet. Oh well, he's on some quest anyway, so i'm almost certain she'll never bring it up with him out of town" she thought to herself.

They soon reached a medium-sized building filled with all sorts of the color green. It also showed an emblem of a great tree in black and white silhouette. "Welcome to my guild hall, the guild hall of The Green Fairies!" exclaimed Mizuki in very happy mood. Kat was surprised of how much green there was. Green was always her favorite color because it represented lushness and to be natural. Who knew there was a guild in Mageo with that kind of meaning. "Well, let's go in, shall we?" requested Mizuki. They entered the guild hall and it seemed pretty open and normal. Just a bunch of table, chairs, couches, a TV, and a bar. "Hey everyone!" yelled Mizuki. There stood tons of guild members seeing Mizuki cheered and greeted her in excitement for her return. "You must be pretty popular." implied Kat. "Well, I am the guild master, so it's no surprise" said Mizuki. Kat was a bit surprised. Then again she observed how many times she said 'my guild hall' so it should've been obvious. Kat followed her to the bar and took a seat. Then to even more of a surprise, she saw that Hunter was passing out the drinks. "Hunter?" "Kat?" They both questioned their names for the fact that they were surpised to see each other. Mizuki cleared her throat. "Okay, let me introduce your friend formally... this is Hunter Hue, one of the ancestors of the ancient color mages. He's also our guild's bartender." Hunter looked at Kat in curiosity. "So, have you decided what type of mage you want to be yet?" he asked. Kat nodded in an hesitant way. Then she added "Wait, you're a color mage right? What are they?" Hunter gave a smirky look. "Oh? I'm glad you asked! Color mages like me can use colors for all sorts of stuff. From breathing underwater, to becoming fire resitant, to becoming immune to electrical shocks, to even riding the air! Gotta love the color white. You can really fly with that thing." Kat become more and more interested in his magic until she asked "How do I learn that kind of magic?" Then Mizuki stopped her right there and said "Princess Kat, you cannot learn such a thing simply by requesting how you can learn it. You must first find what type of magic suits you best." Kat looked at Mizuki in a serious attitude. "Okay, so... oh! The Magic Library! That guy there told us it's a good place to start searching for the magic that's best for me!" Mizuki smiled. "Indeed you are. Let's return to the Magic Library."