23, pete and scott

it felt surreal that i was moving to france very soon, i'd lived in the US for the majority for my life.

this was what i needed, a new job, a fresh start. even though i managed to patch things up with everyone, i was back to normal with my sister, same with my mom, timothée and i hadn't spoke much, i appreciated his sincere gift on my birthday though.

it was a thursday afternoon, i'd just finished packing my dresses into a few boxes, i began to rethink my financial decisions when i noticed how many unworn dresses i had, i'll get claudia to go through the stuff i don't want.

i lay on the couch as my phone buzzes, it's pete.

gwen. france. come round.
now. scott's here:). we wanna
talk.

the last time i spoke to pete was the morning after his party, mostly because i was very humiliated to have ended up sleeping over. but this man was acting as if we had been friends for years.

ill be over in a sec!!

without a second thought, i got a cab straight to his place, bracing myself for whatever he had to say that was so urgent.

+++++

"hey hey hey come in" as soon as i walk into petes house, he embraces me with his long frame and slender arms.

"hey pete" i talk into his t-shirt, pulling him in slightly.

we sit around his kitchen island, after giving scott an awkward handshake-brohug, like the one jack and timothée exchanged on the first day we met. we sit down, exchange some small talk over what scott's working on, we discuss how petes redecorated his kitchen and how he is thinking about changes in the living room over the summer, then finally we fall onto the topic of paris.

"so, someone told me you were moving to france?" pete leaned into the table, sitting across from me.

"who?" i look over to pete then to scott.

"timothée, actually"

i freeze for a second, they were talking about me?

"oh, i got a modelling job there"
"when are you leaving?" scott asks
"i'm moving in a week, ive got an apartment, with another model working in the same company who said she wanted a roommate, it will be good to have someone who can show me around"
"so no more living alone" he replied.

pete eyes remain on me as he bites his toast, when i look over at him, he makes a disappointed face.

"this could've been the start of a great friendship and you leave me" he states in a sarcastic manner.

"hey! nothing stopped you from calling me these past few months" i shout back, laughing.

"that's not true, timothée did!"

my smile faded to a slight frown.

"hey gwen, sorry, it's just you and him have been really weird these past few months and i never knew when it would be a good time to hang out, but you guys are okay now?"

"i mean yeah, we just haven't spoke"

a silence enters the room, probably because of how awkward i was now being. i think it's best i go soon, i wouldn't want to leave things on bad terms.

"come visit me if your ever in paris" i stand up and smile up at the men in front of me.

"awh come here" pete embraces me fully, lifting me up slightly as i let out a squeal. i then spin over to scott, embracing him too.

"i'll miss you guys"

+++++

it had been a few days since i said goodbye to pete, claudia was driving me to the airport but she couldn't wait with me while my plane arrived because she had an audition for the lead in a new supernatural series that i knew she really wanted.

i was leaving tomorrow, monday morning, this meant it was my last sunday dinner for a while.

i did my usual shopping at the grocery store not far from my mothers, i decided to stick to one of my favourites, carbonara.

"our last meal ever oh my god" my mom exclaims as she's last to sit at the table.

"don't say that mom, you're always in paris, visit me whenever" i dig into my food.

the dinner goes by way too fast, lily helps me clean up afterwards, something she's never done before. then after, i enjoy a second alone on my balcony, looking into the sunset. i light up my last cigarette and take a light drag.

"hey sis" lily leans on the glass doorframe looking at me with a sweet smile.
she leans in and gives me a wholesome hug.

"i dont say it enough, but i love you" she muffled into my hair.

*****

AUTHORS NOTE!

how are we feeling?

this chapter is a slight recreation of the first time gwen and timothée met, for those who didn't catch on, carbonara, balcony, bro hug.

hope everyone's enjoying!! btw this is one of the last chapters:(