Chapter 2: Dress

Hello again guys, I come here with the second chapter. I was inspired and it turned out to be very long. I can't wait to keep writing, I already have almost the entire story planned and it will be 10 chapters in total, and I'm thinking of adding a final bonus.Hope you like :)

Disclaimer: Fairy Tail does not belong to me or its characters, it belongs to its creator Hiro Mashima.

Lucy Heartfilia always wore tight or revealing clothes, each outfit she had was chosen carefully and paid attention to the details. No matter what they told her, she felt comfortable wearing her short skirts and heels, she knew that she was beautiful and felt attractive in her clothes. It didn't matter the criticism they gave her behind her back or all the times that the lack of her fabric caused inconveniences such as the cold, she Lucy continued to wear the type of clothes she liked because she was free. And she, in her freedom, chose to feel empowered and sexy, but like all women, the blonde had clothes that made her feel insecure. And those were the formal ballroom dresses, not those that are tight and with daring necklines, but those with a princess cut and sultry corsets.

The spirit mage felt trapped when she had to wear that garment, no matter how many times they told her that she looked beautiful, Lucy didn't feel like herself. Above all, it brought her all those anxieties that she believed she had left behind, for some a simple dress, for her it symbolized the repression that she lived through for years. When she still lived in the Heartfilia mansion, she didn't choose her clothes, every dress, every shoe and every accessory was dictated by a teacher of etiquette that her father had hired. Before running away from home Lucy never wore an outfit like the one she wore daily now, in fact her teacher would have a heart attack to see her today.

Every day she used to wear those kinds of dresses, looking like a doll, living a fake life, a life full of loneliness and coldness. The corsets hurt her skin but she was forced to wear it for hours at social gatherings where she only knew fake smiles, eager glances and convenient approaches. She felt like a living object, a perfect trophy, a bait for men looking for an obedient lady and hunting their fortune. Her current clothes never made her feel an object, on the contrary she felt free and strong, it was her way of expressing and feeling like herself. She could choose what to wear or not to wear, something that she was never given in that millionaire life, Lucy gave herself the freedom by escaping from that life.

In Fairy Tail everything was different from her past, she felt accepted and loved for who she was, she wasn't a pretty face with money but a strong and proud magician. She was Lucy Heartfilia from Fairy Tail, a celestial mage who considered her spirits her friends and protected her companions with claws and teeth. Her clothes, only hers, was another part of her, something almost irrelevant, no one said anything about the way she dressed except for one or other comments about her physique but no one seriously judged her or looked down for her outfit.She was a magician and as part of her guild, she would never give up to complete a mission even if it meant wearing a suffocating huge ball gown. Because yes, her team was summoned to a mission where it was necessary to infiltrate a society meeting, where several noble families of Fiore met to prevent the theft of a valuable jewel. The party was held in honor of one of the daughters of a duke of the country, rumors said that the young woman was a friend of the princess and it was true, seeing the lady in need of protection, the princess herself contacted Fairy, the duke's daughter was recently engaged and her engagement ring was a heirloom of the ducal family, so it was in threat of being stolen.

Being a mission requested by someone from royalty, the option to reject it was non-existent. No matter how much Lucy hated the idea of ​​attending this type of meeting again or the fear of meeting an old acquaintance, as a member of Fairy Tail she had to face and comply. Together with Erza they analyzed who would be the most suitable person to infiltrate as a member of a noble family, Natsu with his destructive tendency and lack of manners wasn't an option, Gray was eliminated due to his habit of nudity, Erza was prone to lose control of her anger and Wendy was still considered like a child. Titania herself indicated that the best option was Lucy because of her control and manners, which no one contradicted so as not to arouse her anger and take a beating from the S-class mage.