Chapter Three: First Day

Walking to the meeting place for the quest was so exciting. I have an extra hop in my step and I hum to the songs of the birds. I have a small pink string bag on my back. I walk over with a special book in hand. Soon I see Gajeel leaning on the tree, eyes scanning the crowd. I have to resist the urge to run right up to him and hug him. Soon his eyes meet mine. Without a word he lifts up his black duffle bag and moves towards me.

"Is that all your bringing?" Gajeel asks. I nod

"Uh- y- yeah. Why is it not enough?" He looks at me, then the the bag. "Is Lily coming with us?" I rock back and forth on the balls of my feet. Gajeel looks back.

"I told him to forget this one. He will be holding the fort down while I'm gone," we are even going without Lily. We will be alone I think in my head. I follow Gajeel on his heels. Oh wait.I stop in my tracks.

I just noticed. Me and Gajeel will be completely alone. No, no, I don't want that. Who knows what that will lead to? Even the idea of kissing him was too much for me to handle but the idea of anything more intense than that. Blood rushes to my face as my thoughts wander. I shake my head.

"Oh god no, n-never" I whisper. Shit i scream in my head. I forgot that Gajeel has really good hearing and-.

"What did you say shrimp?" he turns his head slightly to get me in his sights. I look at my feet and pick up my speed. Out of the corner of my eye i see his smirk.

"Nothing, just thinking about stuff," i shake my head hoping the images fade away. I start to feel a bit sick.dont blow chunks i scream in my head.

"heh, ffine then. If your sure," he places both of his hands on his head. I watch his shoulder blades move as he streches. Come one Levy. Stay strong. You cant mess this up.

I follow Gajeel closely. I don't want to lose him. As we reach the entrance of the forest Gajeel stops to wait for me. No matter how much I retaliated and said i was strong. I was still weak. I was already feeling the tightness in my lungs. I quietly gasp for air. as i jog up to Gajeel. He stands leaned up against a tree.

"You okay there?" He raises his eyebrow at me. "Already out of breath?" he sighs "Pathetic," He runs his fingers through his long hair.

"I'm not pathetic," I huff still grasping for air. I stop in place and throw my head up letting out a a long sigh. I look over at the trees. They stand so peacefully moving to the will of the wind. The dark green leaves ruffle ever so slightly. I move my feet a bit. Rubbing a pebble under my sandal.

"Ugh, come here shorty," my eyes snap to Gajeel. He then strides towards me. His hair swings side to side effortlessly. I still hated all of his names for me. Shorty, shrimp atleast he doesnt use squirt. I just never liked the sound of that name. He then stops in front of me grabing my hips, I feel my face get hot at his touch. With ease he swoops me up and put me on his shoulders.

"No, Gajeel i can walk," I explain. I start moving my legs in protest beofre Gajeel grabs them refusing them any movement.

"When I was planning this trip, I was planning you to be faster," He grunts. "so just shut up and enjoy the ride," I cling onto Gajeels long black hair. I soon find myself starting to play with it. I twist small chucks of his hair around my finger. Then i decide to braid some loosing myself in his hair. Surprisingly he had really good hair for braiding. "Dang Shrimp. Dont tug to hard," he brings his head forward making space between me and his hair. Sadly this is a failed attempt since I sit pretty much on part of his hair.

"Tough guy can't take a little tug on the hair? What a dissapointment," I tug on his hair a bit harder.

"Damn it." he grunts. "Shrimp, you will be the death of me," he scoffs. I laugh. His head turns slightly. I give him a nice smile. He replies with a smirk as he then falls backwards causing me to grip his hair even tighter. "ffffffffffff" he groans. Quickly snapping his body forwards. "You werent supposed to tug on my hair like that fff," He grabs his hair and brings infroont of him making it harder for me to grab it.