Chapter Two: Job Request

I wake up feeling as groggy as ever. I slowly open my eyes only to be met by the suns burning rays. I groan and turn in my pink pastel sheets. I pull them over my head as I remember the terrible memories of yesterday. When I ran into Gajeel looking like a crazed librarian. I just remember how he didn't even flinch when I ran into him, but of course me being a clumsy person, totally slipped over my own feet and flopped on the ground. He probably thinks I'm a stupid bluenette that cant even keep her balance. Im not even going to start on how terrible I looked. My hair probably looked like a wierd blue pineapple or something. I wince at the thought. Yep he probably thinks Im ugly. Time to go hide in a hole and die.

"Wendy child, slow down I know how clumsy you are and your gonna-"

"Ayeee!" I hear a lound thump outside my door.

"Wendy! What did I say?" I hear a voice which I could only guess was Carla a white Exceed. "I swear, what would you do with out me child?" Carla states.

"Carla. Im not a baby anymore," Wendy argues. "I dont need you looking over my shoulder 24/7," Wendy whimpers silently.

"Come on Wendy. Lets get you to the bathroom," I hear thier foot steps fade away. How does everyone have so much energy? What time is it? I toss twords the window and slowly open my eyes. Of course they are met with burning flames that are radiating off the sun but I tough through it till my eyes adjust. The sun was in the already in the sky. Probably about 1/4 way in the sky.

I pull myself out of bed and fall onto the carpet. I drag myself up rubbing my eyes the whole time. I fource myself into the shower and turn on the hot water. After a nice warm shower I throw on a random outfit. I end up throwing on a sunflower yellow tank top and some brown short shorts. I then stare at my slection of shoes. I grab my red sandals I look in the mirror to see my terrible bee hive mess of hair. I quickly run a brush through it and throw a head band on the keep it in place.

I open the door feeling lighter on my feet and way more awake. Its a new day. I yawn a bit and grab my glasses and a book. I tuck the book under my arm and head down to the main floor of the girls dorm. I swiftly move through the crowded hall of girls gossiping about their day. I pass by a few familiar faces and flash a smile once in a while. I quickly make my way to the main hall. I push by a couple girls before making my way outside.

I take a deep breath taking in all of the fresh air. I then exhale. How could Gajeel even hate me now. He's looked 10x worse then me before. Then again, that was always after battle and everyone looks like shit after a battle.

As I make my way to the main road I spot out a certain blonde wizard.

"Lu!" I call out. Lucy swiftly turns around on the balls of her feet. Lucy was a beautiful woman. She had an amazing figure and a killer fashion sense. I always felt like a 12 year old boy standing next to her. Of course I never told her that.

"Levy?!" She calls out. We lock eye contact. She then makes her way to me. I do that same. Luckily the street wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be so i didnt have to go through a lot of people.

"Hey girl!" I smile once we meet. She gives me a one handed hug. "How you doing?"

"Ugh, I think you can guess," she rolls her eyes.

"Natsu?" I ask retracting from the hug.

"You know it," she groans. "Some days he all like. If you even touch Lucy i will make sure you won't see the next sun rise. Then on other days he's like. Wow Lucy you look like a frog today," she puts her hand on her face and drags it down. "I swear he's so thick he doesn't even know what flirting is even if it hit him the face," she leans on me.

"Aww, sorry Lu. I just hate how cute you guys would be together. It almost kills me not seeing you guys hold hands n stuff," I pat Lucy on her head. She snorts.

"But Lev. I know theres a guy in the back of her head. Why wont you share with me?" I shake my head. I feel my face getting warm. "You already know mine and its like the most embarrassing crush in the world," I laugh. Not as bad as mine I think

"I don't like anyone Lu," I lie through my teeth.

"Ug I hate you," she pouts. Soon we reach the guild hall. Lucy grabs the door and lets me in. I thank her and say good bye. I head straight for the bar. Thats where I usually find Gajeel in the mornings. Besides a girl needs to eat.

As I make my way to the bar Jet and Droy step in the way. They seem to be getting a lot clingier lately. Actually ever since me and Gajeel were pared together.

"Morning there Levy," they both sing in harmony. I don't have time for them now i need to get to the bar before Gajeel leaves. I try to peek by them.

"Hey guys. Uh gotta go, I really need to uh- talk to- no, eat," I usher by them and head towards the bar. Soon Gajeel is in sight. He sits at the far left side of the bar, theres a stool about 3 seats away from him. I sit down and ask for Mira.

"Ah, Shrimp I've been looking for you," Gajeel stands up and grabs his drink (probably alcoholic) and sits next to me. His walk, the way he says my name is magic. I take a deep breath. He walks so comfortably and confidently. "So i got here this morning and saw this. I thought it would be perfect for you and me," he took out a piece of paper and placed it on the table. It was a quest form.

"A quest?" I ask

"Did you even read it?" He asks plainly. Stupid move Levy i think. I scan the paper

"Getting rid of some spell books? 8000 jewels?! Just for that?" I look up at him.

"Yeah its in the next town over. I was thinking if we set off by the afternoon we might have to spend a night in the forest but we will get to the next town over by.. Uh, probably early morning tomorrow," he scratches his head. A whole day. Me and Gajeel together on a quest. No competitor anything. Us two being chill. Steam almost shoots out of my ears. Yes please, I bite my lip.

"Wait, why would you come along?" I ask

"Don't want me around shrimp," she shines his devilish smirk at me. I look down an shake my head no. "Well, one: those books are probably really heavy. Two: I'll be your protector. Three: I need the money," he stretches out. "So you coming?"

"Of course!" I exclaim. I wouldn't stop shaking. My face was getting warm. I wasn't sure if it was because i was nervous or happy but all I knew was that I was gonna go on a quest with Gajeel. I squeal in my head.

"Great. Better get packed. Meet me by the tree to the left of the doors, if I'm not there when u get there just read a book or something" he points to the giant wooden doors that everyone enters from. I nod and quickly jump off my seat heading towards the girls dorms.