Jealousy

Riko made her way out to the backyard and found Junpei shooting hoops under the night sky.

"There you are," she said with a smile, "Teppei said I might find you here."

To her surprise, Junpei just grunted in reply. She watched as his shoulders tensed as he released the ball, and it bounced off the rim.

He chased after it as she stared at him in wonder. It seemed like his shoulders had tensed right when she had said Teppei's name. Was she just imagining things?

She waited until he was poised to take another shot before she said, "Teppei thought he saw you come out here earlier."

The ball bounced against the backboard, and as Junpei jogged to retrieve it, Riko knew she was right. He didn't like hearing Teppei's name.

Junpei stood at the three-point line again, but this time, Riko walked over and stood in front of him with her hands on her hips.

She looked at his face and he was studiously ignoring her gaze. He held the ball in front of him, and she took it from him gently.

"What's wrong?" she asked quietly as she tucked the ball under her arm and Junpei's arms fell to his sides.

He avoided her gaze, and she prodded, "Are you mad at Teppei or something?"

He tsked and looked away, but she saw how his eyes darkened at the mention of Teppei's name.

So she reached for his hand and squeezed it, and finally Junpei glanced at her out of the corner of his eye. "I didn't like seeing him with you today at training," he grumbled.

She looked at him, confused. "But I was with everyone today," she said, and he shook his head. "I could see the way he looked at you," he muttered, and Riko was flooded with understanding.

She set the ball on the ground, then stepped up to him and wrapped her arms around his waist, resting her head on his chest.

To her surprise, Junpei didn't reciprocate. "I'll bet you hugged him like this too," he mumbled bitterly, and Riko had to hide her smile. Who knew Junpei had a jealous streak?

She shook her head, "It didn't fit like this."

Riko felt him take a deep breath, and she could feel that he was worried about something. She held him tight and waited, until finally he said, "Did you-- did-- did you kiss him?"

She pulled away enough to look up at him, and holding his gaze, she shook her head slowly.

Junpei looked surprised, and Riko said, "I never let him kiss me because when he hugged me, it didn't feel right."

The relief was visible on Junpei's face, and it looked like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

Riko reached up to wrap her arms around his neck, and finally she felt his arms around her waist. "It's actually why we didn't date very long, because it didn't feel right for me. I was holding out for one guy."

Junpei's eyes widened at her, and she giggled. "Why do you look so surprised? It's always been you, Junpei," she said with a smile, and finally he smiled back at her.

He tucked her hair behind her ear, then cupped her cheek as he dipped his head down. Riko closed her eyes and felt his lips touch hers, and she opened her mouth slightly to kiss him back.

"You're cute when you're jealous," she murmured in between kisses, and he responded by deepening their kiss. Riko couldn't help but let out a tiny moan as she drank in his kisses and felt his arms tighten around her.

"Riko..." Junpei moaned her name softly as he kissed her with a hunger she had never felt from him before, and Riko felt herself getting swept away in passion as they kissed until her lips felt bruised.

Finally, they pulled apart breathlessly, and they stared at one another as they struggled to catch their breath.

"Let's stargaze at the beach?" she suggested, and he grinned. "Only if we can keep doing this there too," he said with a mischievous glint in his eyes. Riko laughed and said, "Of course. I'm all yours."