Two - Meaningless Therapy

Ashlyn POV (the therapist) *just so you know, this is going to be a very, incredibly short chapter that will probably end up being meaningless but whatever. I just want you to be able to connect with the characters from all points of views. It'll be hinted in here why Louis gets so frustrated about her apparently telling Louis that what he's saying isn't true. If you made it this far into my incredibly long speech, I wish you the best of reading!*

I've always had to deal with patients in similar situations as Louis. It's my profession, it's what I went to school for. I do major research on my patients before they even step into my room for their first session.

However, I've never dealt with someone who was as stubborn as him though. I try my best to be patient, calm is key. But the way Louis tries to create this world where Harry is bad, it's hard to keep everything under control.

I know, I shouldn't be acting like this because I'm a professional, but I can't help but feel slightly frustrated when he denies the truth. All of my patients are people who have lost a loved one, and they all have different coping mechanisms. But never, never in a million years, have I treated someone like Louis Tomlinson.

Once someone has their mind set on a certain answer, it's hard to talk them out of it. I hate being pushy with him and I try to take my time. Yet, someone how I still end up going home and criticizing myself for how rough I was on him, even if it was the slightest bit.

I know he hates me, I know he doesn't pay attention and most importantly, I know that if those factors continue to play a part in the healing process, he will never accept the truth or get better. It hurts to know that there are people in this world who completely destroy the image of their loved one as a coping mechanism. I understand that thinking of them as a bad person creates less emotional attachment, but the images Louis is creating could be even more traumatizing than the death itself.

I want to help, I really do, I just don't know where to start. I've never had this problem, and I don't know how Louis thinks because I've barely even heard him speak before. I'll try my hardest and see what I can do, but for now I'm stuck with an unclear path of the way out.

-Two years ago-

Harry and Louis were snuggled up on the couch watching titanic, as per usual. No matter how many times they watched it, Harry always started crying when the ship sinks. Louis thought it was adorable though, so Harry learned not to cover up his emotions when watching movies.

They would often snuggle on the couch while watching movies, and today wasn't any different. They had finished dinner a while before and both were starting to get tired from being so comfortable. Louis pressed his cheek into Harry's chest as he started to drift off to sleep.

Harry was feeling quite tired himself, and knew if he fell asleep on the couch that his back would hurt the next day. He rubbed his eyes the best he could while Louis was laying on him like a koala, and stood up from the couch. He carried Louis bridal style to their bedroom and stripped himself down to his boxers.

He knew Louis hated sleeping with clothes on, so he stripped him until he was in his boxers as well. He placed Louis under the arm covers of their bed, then got in next to him. Louis, being barely aware of what was going on due to his sleepy state, whopper his arms around Harry's middle for warmth. They always feel asleep cuddling, even if they had fought five minutes before going to bed. They muttered groggy 'I love you's before falling asleep peacefully.

Their whole relationship was quite adorable, picture perfect actually. That was until the next morning, someone took Harry's life while he was walking down the street. No one knows what happened to Louis after that, they just know that his skin burns like the devils when you touch it...

Authors note: Hello luvs! I hope you're enjoying the book so far! I'd like to make goals for every chapter just so I don't loose interest in writing it. The goal or this chapter is 3 votes and 5 comments. Do you think you can make it happen? - Nicole