01

"COME ON!!! SHOOT IT, MINHO!!"

han's shouting instantly made me look up from my phone, pausing the pretty interesting game of Angry Birds i had going on. a second later, i saw how the ball was thrown in the direction of the hoop, and it circled the rim a few times before it finally went in. the referee blew his whistle right before loud cheers filled the auditorium, han still screaming for minho.

the game resumed its normal course, and i went back to my phone. that didn't last long though.

"are you really going to stay on your phone the whole game?" han asked, plopping down on the bleachers right beside me.

"hey! i look up when they score," i tried to defend myself.

"yeah, but you're missing all the action."

i rolled my eyes. "you just continue cheering for your boyfriend, i'm fine over here."

"he's not my boyfriend," han mumbled, avoiding my gaze.

"sure," i smiled and went back to my phone.

well, it was true that i wasn't really paying any attention to the game that was happening right in front of me. however, i was ACTUALLY there, sitting in the bleachers, and that probably counted as school spirit right? right.

in all honesty, attending the games wasn't the worst thing ever. yes, i wasn't really invested in my school team, but with han cheering right beside me it sometimes made me want to cheer for them too. they were known faces in the halls, almost everyone wanting to talk to them and admirers seeking for some kind of interaction.

how han was able to catch lee minho's attention will forever remain a mystery, though. what i knew is that they were on speaking terms, and according to my best friend that didn't happen to just anyone. they were the popular guys, but they weren't assholes. thankfully.

back to the gym, after some time the game ended, my school's team scoring another victory for their bag. after everything was wrapped up, everyone started to exit the place, chatting animatedly about the game they had just witnessed. i saw how han had his eyes fixed on minho, who was drinking water along with the rest of his team.

"are you going to go and say hi?" i asked, hitting his arm playfully.

"wouldn't that be too much?" he eyed him with a hint of nervousness in his gaze.

"nah, you should go for it. i'm going home though, so good luck!" i quickly pushed him, softly of course, in minho's direction and started heading to the exit, not before a low "asshole" was heard coming out from my best friend's mouth.

geez.. not a single thank you??? but i'll take it.