02

so, remember how i said i didn't really know any of my school's basketball team members? that changed the day right after the game i attended.

i was making my way through the school halls towards my locker, text books in hand and backpack secured over my shoulder. everything went to shit when i felt my phone ringing in my pocket, and i had to start manoeuvring very carefully as to not drop my books and to manage to get my phone out.

i knew i had failed when, all of a sudden, i clashed with another body and we both almost fell down to the floor together, but managed to stay with both feet on the ground. sadly, my books weren't so lucky.

as i was about to lean down to pick them up, the other person beat me to it, handing them back to me in a swift motion.

"i'm so sorry, i was totally not watching where i was going," the boy said, straightening up. that's when i noticed he was one of the guys from the basketball team, as i remember seeing him in the court.

"no worries, it was my fault too," i said, throwing him a small smile.

he reciprocated my smile, and i noticed how his eyes crinkled when he did. "i'm hwang hyunjin, and you?" he asked.

oh that's a name i had definitely heard of. main player of the team, most popular, best grades, good looking.... you get the gist.

"i'm y/n," i responded. "what had you in such a rush?"

"i wanted to find our coach before class to ask him about our next practice." he shrugged. "do you go to the basketball games?"

"most of them, yeah." he didn't have to know i spent basically all of the time on my phone, though.

"how come i haven't seen you, then?" i feel like i know our crowd pretty well." he tilted his head in curiosity.

"uh, i don't look up much, i guess."

hyunjin chuckled. "well, i'm going to search for you during our next game, so you better be there and cheering."

"is that a threat?" i asked, my voice adopting a playful tone.

"guess you'll have to find out." he shrugged, right as the bell rang to signal the start of the school day. "i need to run to class, so see you later!"

"see you!" i said as he turned around and started walking in what presumably was the direction of his classroom.

i was about to head to my locker to quickly put my books away when a very agitated han jisung appeared next to me.

"were you just talking to hwang hyunjin?" he inquired.

"uh, yes?"

"holy shit, how did you do it?" he's like, the coolest guy on the team," he said excitedly. "after minho, of course," he added as an afterthought, and i laughed.

"we ran into each other and it made me drop my books. he just asked me for my name, nothing very special." i shrugged.

"of course it's special, it was hwang hyunjin," he said in a "duh" tone.

"stop exaggerating and let's go to class." i quickly closed my locker and started walking in the direction of my classroom, thought about a certain boy flooding my head.

gotta admit, he was kinda cute. just a little.