Part 5:

When I woke up, it was almost breakfast time. Because of that, I went to go get changed and came out of the hut. Teresa was just walking to the homestead.

"I was just coming to wake you up."

"Well, I'm awake."

"Okay. Let's go to breakfast."

We walked to breakfast and went to Frypan to get our eggs and bacon. We walked and everyone was already at the table.

"I guess us being early was just a one time thing."

Teresa laughed and we sat down. I felt as though something was different with everyone. I felt that the games had brought us closer. We were being more ourselves now. Everyone looked at me with a look that made me feel included.

...

(Thomas's POV)

When breakfast was over, Newt looked at me expectantly.

"I'll ask her in a few minutes."

"Thanks."

When Teresa and Y/N got up I followed them up.

"Teresa, mind if I steal her from you for a few minutes?"

"Not at all."

Teresa walked away and Y/N looked at me confused.

"This isn't that kind of moment where you say that the kiss last night meant more to you and you like me more than Teresa, right?"

I laughed, and I couldn't blame her since the beginning of our talk did start off like how that situation would.

"No."

"Okay, good. What do you need?"

"I just wanna talk."

"Okay. What about?"

"Well, I did hear you talking with Teresa that morning. I wasn't asleep like you guys thought. I was just waking up but my eyes were closed."

"Yeah, I knew that by now. I could tell from the game."

"Okay." I laughed. "Well, you talked about Newt. You like him?"

"Well, if you heard me talking, the answer should kind of be leaning in a certain direction."

"Yeah. You said you felt something while you were shaking hands."

"I did. It was kind of an indescribable feeling."

"Yeah, well I do feel that with Teresa, too. So I think you do like him. And also, I feel like Teresa with her detective skills probably told you something that would show that Newt likes you."

"Yeah... wait, what?"

Dang it! I said too much!

"I just assumed that she was probably telling you by now some things that shown Newt likes you."

"So... he does like me? Did he tell you something?"

"Not really. But do you like him? I mean, I'm pretty sure everyone thinks you do. You kissed him with tongue in the game."

"Fine. Yeah, I do. Is that all you wanted from me?"

"Well, no. I wanted to be friends with you."

I mean, it was true. Y/N seemed like a nice person and I would like to get closer to her. We were just kind of in the same group, not to the sharing things part.