War Children

.
.
.
.
.

☾︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎☽︎

"Dahlia... Dahlia!"

"I'm busy, Major, with the papers the Captain gave me!"

"There's someone I want you to meet, come down!"

"Reason?!"

"Would you just come down!"

"Yes, sir!"

The seventeen year old girl rushed down the stairs, picking up her skirt as her combat boots hit the wooden steps. She wore a navy blue skirt that fell just below her knees, paired with a white dress shirt that was undone by two button's letting her scars peek up from her collarbone. Her neck was decorated with dog tags and necklaces gifted by her "owner."

Her white hair was dressed into a bun as some strands cascaded down while running down the grand stairs.

When she reached the floor going into the living room, she huffed, closing her eyes. "So who do you want me to-" She opened her eyes to meet a girl, probably ten or a bit older. She had long disheveled strawberry blonde hair pulled into a low ponytail. Her face was covered in soot and her attire was far to large for her petite size.

Dahlia turned to look at Lucy, bite marks etched on her hand. "Young Master, I managed to get her changed, but she would not stop struggling."

Gilbert, who I stood next to, waved it off. "No, that is all right." He continued, "take her to the parlor once she's eaten, please."

"Isn't she too young to be with you, Major Gilbert?" He scrunched up his nose in disgust.

"Don't say that," His face contorted into distaste. "My brother gifted me her as a weapon... but she's just a child." He looked sorrowfully at the girl who held no expression.

Dahlia disliked Dietfried. No, dislike was an understatement. She loathed the man. He was the one who trained her, and dumped her on the younger Bougainvilla child. At the age of five, she was taken in, trained to be a child warrior, groomed to be a weapon. Just six years later she met Gilbert, the man who filled in the empty gaps in her heart.

"She reminds me of-"

"Me." Dahlia cut him off examining the younger girl in front of her as Gilbert nodded.

"I see, do you know how old she is?" She asked her guardian.

"Um, I estimated her age to be about ten or thirteen, a bit younger than you are."

Dahlia slowly walked closer to her while the girl stepped back. She stopped in her spot, once again staring at the frail girl. She knew what it was like, in fact she was in the same position when she was much younger.