Chapter 1: Summon of the Sacred Tree

"What is happening to my son!?" Mrs. Lilac shouted, a horrified expression painted on her face, contorting even worse as a result of the flashing light. The wind was unstoppable, her well-kept hair no longer maintaining its shape.

"It's okay, Missus! Your son is being summoned by the Sacred Tree--" Oleander, an older, brawny man dressed in a simple brown cloak, crouched behind a large settee and shouted across the living room. "It appears I was right! Your son is to inherit my position-- he is to be the next Sage!"

In the midst of all the shouting, one young man casually floated in the middle of the living room while producing a personal storm of light and wind from his body. His black hair danced over his pale complexion, his rosy lips wearily shut. His glowing, violet eyes stared emptily ahead of him, allowing the force pulling him away do its course.

Not a second later, the young man was gone. Mrs. Lilac and Oleander stood from their positions, looking at the mess that used to be a living room.

"My son..." Mrs. Lilac's voice trembled as she called out to her child, sighing as worry filled in her heart.

"Don't worry, Mrs. Lilac. As I said before, the skills your son possesses is even greater than mine even without having visited the Sacred Tree. He is to be the greatest Sage the Kingdom of Flora has ever had!"

"But the way he left--"

"Ah-- It happened to me too when I was summoned on my earlier days!" He laughed boisterously, "When it happened, I was in a plaza full of my colleagues. And to make things worse, all of my clothes were ripped to shreds and they all witnessed my great orbuculums, HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"..." As she fought the image from forming in her head, she shook her head. "I'll shall go call for someone to clean this up... If you could please follow me to another room, Sage."

"Alrighty."

The dark haired young man blinked and he found himself standing in front of a large, glowing tree. It was apparent that the tree was several centuries old. Furthermore, from the surface, he could see a glowing colorful energy flowing in and out---- It was unmistakably the Sacred Tree, the source of all magic, Mana.

As if instinctively, he walked towards the tree and placed both palms onto the tree. He whispered a few words and ––WHOOSH–– a gust of wind surrounded him once more. This time, he remained on the ground as Mana began to flow into him. He remained unbothered throughout the process, his eyes continuing to stare emptily ahead.

The flow of energy gradually began to decrease. Once the Mana transfer had been completed, he withdrew his hands and turned his back to leave. Not even a full step forward, he felt a tremendous force pulling his hands back towards the tree. This time, however, rather than receiving Mana from the Sacred Tree, flashes of painful images overflowed in his mind.

"Ah--" He attempted to hold his voice down, but the pain was unbearable, "AHHHHHHHGGGG!!"

As the echo of his voice died down, his hands were let loose. He stumbled a few steps back and tripped on a small protruding root of the Sacred Tree, landing on his butt.

His eyes and mouth were wide opened, one tear forming on the corner of his eye.

He moved his shaking hands in front of him, and stared at his familiar, yet unfamiliar pair of hands.

"That's right...." His voice shook, "This is... I'm... Wisteria Lilac!?"

The moment he touched the Sacred Tree for the second time, what he received from it were his memories of another life. Before he was born as Wisteria Lilac, he was another person living in another world very different from his current one. What was the most unsettling, however, was the fact that he had read about this current world from a light novel recommended by his past-self's niece!

The original plot of the novel followed as this:

The protagonist, a young lady called Fleur Alabaster, transfers into the Sorcery University of Flora on her third year, where young sorcerers and sorceresses attend to advance their own magic abilities. Fleur is a strong and friendly young lady who possesses a powerful type of healing magic which granted her special entry at the University. And there, she meets the three male leads:

Admon Velvet: The protagonist's upper-classmate who attends the same extra-curricular course for recommended students with the protagonist.

Lupin Khaki: He is in the same grade as Fleur. The only reason he enters the University is to act as her bodyguard. Fleur's parents hired him in secret because many had sought to kidnap her for her rare magic.

And finally, Wisteria Lilac: He's the youngest of the three male leads (and a year younger than the protagonist). He is the Sage Successor, and is the new instructor hired to guide the extra-curricular course for recommended students at the University.

After attending the University for a few months, she has an encounter with the villain of the story-- The Necromancer. He is a powerful sorcerer who rarely steps foot into the Kingdom of Flora, and lives within his own dimension. However, after meeting the protagonist, he becomes obsessed with her and constantly attempts to kidnap her while harming those who are dear to her. Eventually, as a result of many failed attempts, he breaks havoc and threatens to destroy the kingdom.

And that last event, is the trigger to Wisteria Lilac's death.

Ever since the beginning, Wisteria was the male lead who was the closest to Fleur, but the least popular male lead within the reader's community. The reason for this was that Fleur treated Wisteria like a younger sibling than a romantic interest. This would break his pure heart, but he still loved her profoundly nonetheless. And although his popularity as a male lead wasn't the best, as a character by itself, he was deeply loved by the readers. This was, of course, done on purpose, to write the most tragic ending for the novel---- Wisteria sacrifices himself to fight off the Necromancer, with whom his magic is at par. He defeats the Necromancer, declares his love to Fleur, and dies in her arms.

Consequently, the Wisteria Lilac who had just recovered his previous life's memories, was determined to avoid such ending at all cost.