Ch2. hang out

2 days later

I nervously tapped my pencil on the kitchen table when i saw my fathers old truck go into the driveway. I quickly wrote down something on the paper infront of me to make it seem like i had just finished homework and began to close up my books. "Y/n get your ass over here right now!" My father said as he entered the house, dropping his toolbox on the floor.

I put my stuff in my backpack that i now used for 3 years. "yea dad?" i said, hanging my bag on the back of the front door.  "Some of the boys from work are coming over to watch the game tonight. Youtre gonna go pick up snacks while i shower." he tossed his keys at me and walked to the restroom.

i sighed and walked outside, entering the truck but stopped when i heard a certain redhead. "Hey! Where you goin?" She asked as she walked up to me, being very shorter than me. "To the grocery store. My dad needs some snacks for his football game." She nodded and said "can i come with?" Within the 3 days shes been here ive grown a liking to her.

She was very attractive to me so i couldn't say no. "Yea of course" We both entered the truck and i drove off, sadie messing with the radio to get good stations. When we arrived i pulled out the carts and began to walk around the store looking for certain things like chips, soda, candy, nacho cheese, and a few extra things for myself.
We headed back to the house and Sadie helped me set up everything before we decided to just hang out on the bed of the truck, getting to know each other a little bit.

"Okay so you're telling me you have tried the hottest peppers in the world?" Sadie questioned, placing a chip into her mouth. "Yup. Wasn't really that hot but i was almost hospitalized due to my mouth going numb." The redhead laughed and began to talk about how she had always wanted to be an actress.

"I don't think I'm that good though. I usually just copy what i see on TV." "I say you should go for it, be an actress." Y/n said before laying onto the bed of the truck, looking up at the night sky. "Thanks. For the encouragement and for being my friend even though we barely met two days ago." "No problem. Not like i have much friends anyway." Sadie looked over to Y/n to see that they were focused on the stars above.

"When my mom passed away i just shut everyone out and I don't really know why." Y/n sat back up and sighed before jumping off the back. "Well I gotta piss. I'll be back in a few, unless you have to be inside already." Sadie shook her head, "No not really. I don't have to go in yet, I'll be waiting here for you." Y/n smiled and nodded before jogging inside to pee. While they were there they thought about how they just easily opened up to Sadie about something they haven't even spoken to their father about and thats when the thought came across their mind,

"I trust Sadie" but it didn't matter. Sadie would get bored of them, Sadie would meet new people and not want to talk to Y/n.
After washing their hands, they headed back outside to see Sadie hadn't move an inch and was still lying in the position she was before, staring up at the night sky.

"You're still here."
"Of course I am"