Lessons

Opening his eyes from a blissful sleep Harry leaped out of his duvet and practically skipped to the showers. It was still dark out, but what else is to be expected in winter?

Hopping in the shower, his energised state didn't slow down his movements. As quick as his 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner went on it went off. Then, he scrubbed his body humming a tune faster than the original song. But Harry couldn't even recall the song his joy was that momentous.

"Mornin!" He chirped when re-entering the dorm room. Everyone's curtains were open- the curtains were never closed- and everyone was somewhat stirring.

"Harry?" Ron groggily wiped his eyes of sleep. "Why're you up?" It was mumbled heavily but Harry still understood.

"'Cause it's a beautiful first day of school!" All four pairs of eyes stared at him in utter and total confusion.

Neville looked at his watch on the bedside table, turning and stretching while at it. "It's five am, Harry." Neville stated, but Harry's mood wasn't deterred.

"Guess I'm a morning person now." The raven-haired boy shrugged.

Dean grunted, aggressively flipping over to shut his eyes. Annoyed, Seamus did the same so he was facing away from Harry, too. "Mate, what is wrong with you?" Was the last thing Ron said before he, too, closed his eyes to be enveloped in a black abyss.

Smiling, light, bubbly, the raven-haired boy left the common room delirious. However, upon leaving the room, there was a group of girls in the front. News of his break up seemed to have spread rather quickly. Like feindfyre in a concealed room.

They had been 'casually' lounging against the painting entrance and then some at the bottom of the stairs. They greeted him with flirtatious, nervous or confident smiles and hellos. As always, he greeted them back with a wink and a grin, even if his head wasn't in it this time.

Like he did every morning, Harry knocked on the door of Remus' classroom. Defence was definitely his favourite lesson: it being practical use of wands and spells instead of mostly theory. Alternatively, his least favourite (and worst) subject was Potions. Even if he could cook, Harry was never able to make a perfect potion. It was always 'adequate' or 'poor' or 'why do you try, Potter, the results will be better if you hadn't.' (Snape was the worst.)

"Harry? You're here... early." Remus grumbled, still wiping sleep from his eyes. Being a couple as Professors, Headmaster Dumbledore allowed Remus and Sirius their own living space- a lounge area, a counter and small kitchen with only a kettle and a small fridge, then a bedroom with a large double bed and an on suite attached to the side.

"I thought I'd say hi earlier!" Harry happily sighed as he walked passed Remus to their settee (only for two) and plonked himself in the middle. "You know you'd think this would be something Uncle Sirius would have 'cause he's head of Gryffindor," Exclaimed the boy doing all the unneeded hand gestures along with it. "But you do instead so maybe Dumbledore doesn't trust Uncle Siri with this I probably wouldn't either do you remember-" the entire time, Harry hadn't taken a breath.

"Harry!" Remus tried calming him, but Harry blinked at him with big eyes like he was three and didn't know he had done anything wrong. "You're allowed to breathe, cub." Remus placed his hands on Harry's shoulders. Together, they counted to ten as slowly as possible.

Blushing, Harry could feel the back of his neck burning red and his cheeks hot enough to fry eggs. "Sorry."

"Nothing to apologise for, pup." Sirius said. "Now, how's my favourite nephew?"

"I'm your only nephew."

"And you're still the favourite!" Sirius exclaimed with a contagious smile. "What's made you so happy, then?" Harry ignored the question, in favour of taking Sirius' tea that was on the counter and drinking it quickly.