Kacchan... Why?

Type - Angsty Fluff

------------------------------------------------------------------

TW: SUICIDAL THOUGHTS, INTRUSIVE THOUGHTS, BULLYING

SHIP - BAKUDEKU

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Pray you'll be born with a quirk in your next life, and take a swan dive off the roof of the building!" The words seemed to fall so carelessly out of Katsuki's mouth, the infamous, evil smirk sitting on his face. Izuku stood in his middle school classroom, shivering and losing all hope for the world. It didn't make sense. None of it did. What had Izuku done to deserve this treatment? Especially from someone he looked up to more than anything. He had chased Katsuki for years, but the blonde still looked down on the greenette, still betrayed the greenette, still bullied and hurt the greenette. The blonde had done so much damage to the greenie, but no matter what, the freckled male still stayed by the blonde's side. Well, behind him.

As the door slammed shut, tears filled the smaller male's eyes as he gathered his materials. His hands were shaking, and his heart ached. It ached for the one thing he wanted most: to feel loved. He had never truly felt loved before, and that's all he wanted, all he ever wished for. No matter how hard he prayed, no matter how hard he wished, that dream would never come true. No matter what, Izuku stilled wished for Katsuki to love him, still wished for Katsuki to care even the slightest bit for him. It didn't seem possible, none of Izuku's dreams did, but he truly wanted them to be possible. He wanted them to, somehow, appear and happen, like magic.

The weak and damaged teen left the classroom with his head down, a notebook clutched tightly to his chest. His mind was empty, except for the recurring thoughts, the recurring messages of death.

Just kill yourself.
No would ever miss you.
They'd be a fool to miss someone like you!
You're not special. You never were.
Look at you. A quirkless wannabe wishing to be a hero! How pathetic.
Look at you. You're so fucking weak.
You look stupid and childish right now.
Heh, weakling.

Izuku had been used to these thoughts, these words of hatred. He had grown used to them, but today? It all felt different. The pain had grown stronger and the hurt of it all had grown. Usually, the voice was something like music that accompanied him on his walk home from hell. But today? It was more like a conversation, something that purposefully grabbed at your attention.

Instead of walking towards the exit to leave the school, Izuku walked towards the rooftop. It was drizzling that day, similar to the past few days, and the rain hadn't seemed to stop. Gray clouds filled the sky, and the wind tossled the trees and bushes. Izuku's hand rested on the metal railing, the coldness of it rushing through his veins. It was an oddly comforting sensation, one that the fourteen year old couldn't explain, but he enjoyed the feeling of it all. His emerald orbs seemed to stare out at the large schoolyard, the wilted cherry blossoms setting the mood for the day.

The large metal door was pushed open, and the greenette stepped foot outside. The air was chilled, and the rain had begun to come down harder, but Izuku ignored the feeling of it. He didn't care. In this moment, he was mindlessly walking towards the roof's edge, something he had once been terrified of doing. His feet stood on the ledge, and his eyes drifted towards the sidewalk some hundred feet below. It was an enjoyable sight, really, and Izuku's heart raced at the possibilities of what could or would happen. Maybe it wasn't a good feeling, but the greenette didn't seem to mind it. He didn't care anymore. He never cared anymore.