Chapter 4: Amanda: Part 1

Amanda was two years old. Her mommy was nearby, talking to a stranger to Amanda. Amanda and her mommy went to the park. She was on the Kiddy Slide when she heard a scream. She looked at Mommy. She was sleeping on the ground. "Silly Mommy," she said as she waddled over like a penguin. She bent over. Her mommy was bleeding, like how when Amanda fell and scraped her knee. She plopped down on the ground next to her. She sniffed. She could still smell Mommy's shampoo. She sat there all day. Soon it was getting cold and a security officer walked up to Amanda. "What are you doing here, little girl?" She smiled up at him. "My mommy is asleep." The tall man smiled. "Mind if I take a look at Mommy?" She nodded. He twisted the woman's neck. The man saw a fleck of blood. He looked at Amanda. He reached in his pocket. "I have a candy bar. How about you take it over there and eat it. I'll take care of Mommy." Amanda shook her her head and frowned. "Mommy said not to take candy from strangers." He nodded as if he understood. He put the candy away. He pointed to the slide. "How about we play hide and seek. You'll hide, and I'll find you." Amanda laughed and nodded. She ran off as he started to count. He opened his eyes and saw where she was hiding. He moved swiftly as he could to check the mother. Her neck was slit. She was dead. She heard a scream from the little girl. A scream that was so fierce. A scream that could only mean one thing. Amanda was in trouble.