three

first person pov!

MY POSITION BESIDE OF KATE WAS PREMIUM COMFORT

MY POSITION BESIDE OF KATE WAS PREMIUM COMFORT. my legs were sprawled out across her lap whilst my back was against the cold bus window. she was wary about tonight but managed to make it, so far, on the ride to sunnyvale.

i don't play football, cheerlead or perform for the band and neither does simon. we just hopped on the bus, told the bus driver we were tagging along and he went along with it. just like it has always went.

simon sat opposite and diagonal of kate and i. he was decked out and feeling the shadyside spirit. his face was literally painted green, he wore a stereotypical witches hat and carried a broom that completed the entire look.

simon has always been one to go all out to show any type of school spirit but especially if it's to overpower sunnyvale. but it never truly did.

but to be completely honest, i would do it too if i had his personality. simon kalivoda is one of the most gorgeous boys that i know but his personality is definitely his best trait.

the boy was actually growling in excitement at the people who boarded the bus and trudged through the isle.

"hey, kate?" i spoke up, fiddling with the fabric of her cheer uniform.

"hey, anastasia?" she mocked me. i looked over to her, softly giggling, "what's up?" she asked, genuinely this time.

"i know, i said not to be all sappy towards me. and it's still fucking gross, by the way. but i really wanted to say thank you," i breathed, completely leaning my head back onto the glass of the window. my small speech almost unheard over simon's obnoxious cheering.

"you're most definitely welcome, but for what?"

"for saving my life. more times than the one but especially that time. if everyone at school is right and 'the witch is back' and this town goes back to literal shit then i'm glad i'll get to see everything go down with you."

i hated being all gushy and i swear that is the only reason a few tears slipped.

"look an, i love you. you're my best friend until the end. i will always do anything and everything to protect you even though you're an actual clueless idiot sometimes, but we both know that sam gave you that blo–"

"yes, kate, but who's idea was it to have everyone literally risk their lives to give the blood a try?" i reassured her, she's too humble.

kate smiled at me rather sad which was confusing. happy moment, sad kate?

she looked back down before lifting herself up a bit and pulling my legs apart to rest between them, pulling her knees up so they don't hang out and into isle. she then rested her head on my chest with a sigh.