THIRTY

There will be switching of  P.O.V in this chapter.

Asher

It seems like forever since I came to surface. It took me a while to get better actually. With everything going on in our family, I'm a little overwhelmed this time.

I used to love strolling around the woods.

Sometimes chasing my mate.

Sometimes wondering around while Gulf would sit on my back or sometimes Lucas would sit on me and we would run miles and miles in the forest. Even Lucas seems to be a bit reluctant everytime I propose to stroll on the woods.

But now everything has changed. The last time Cayden appeared was when we thought we already lost Luca. Since then he hadn't showed up no matter how many times I try to communicate with him. Mew even told me to spend sometime with Gulf like we used to do earlier so that Cayden may feel me and comeout.

But everything has been a failure. But good thing is that he is alive. We honestly thought we lost him. Gulf was so sure of it that he lost all hope. It's so difficult for a werewolf to lose it's wolf side. And the last thing we want is to Gulf to lose his sanity.

And losing Cayden means losing my mate.

How can I let that happen??

I was waiting outside the packhouse for Gulf as he came hurriedly after a while.

Gulf: I'm sorry. Sawyer was so impatient. It took a lot to manage him to sleep.

He told me after giving me a nervous smile.

I was lost in his smile honestly. We have spent so much time with each other still Gulf acts shy around us sometimes.

We love them so damn much. Gulf and Cayden are the best of mate you could ever ask for in life.

:( Are you alright?? You seem a bit nervous.

Gulf: I'm okay. I'm..just worried about Cayden. It's been so long since I heard from him. What if he never shows up again?

:( He'll my love. We just have to be patient for him. Shall we go to our place??

He just nodded.

No matter how many times we tried to assure Gulf about Cayden, it was difficult for me to live without him. It's been so long since I last saw him.

So so long.

I lowered a bit to make it easier for Gulf to get on me. After he confirmed me that he sat comfortably, I started running through the familiar path. Last week I came with Gulf here after so many months. He was a bit reluctant at first to leave the children specially Luca. We have been a bit more cautious with him after what happened to him all those months ago.

Since I hadn't spent any time with Gulf, at last he gave in and came with me. We talked for a while and spend not even half an hour as Gulf kept telling me to leave. I couldn't blame him for it either. Eversince those horrible days passed, he has been a bit more protective of our babies.

After a while we came to a halt and Gulf  jumped off from my back and stood on the ground. He looked around and gave me a breathtaking smile.

I went near him and nuzzled into his stomach. He bent down a bit and kissed my forehead while holding my fur within his fingers. I lunged on him making him fall on the ground gently. I went over and placed my face above him. I looked into his beautiful brown eyes and before anything I started licking his face. He wiggled under me making soft and giggling noise which filled my heart with joy.