Chapter 10: ???

Third POV
Y/N raised his blades above his head, ready to slash down at Mikasa at any moment. Mikasa pulled back into a defensive stance just before the blades were about to contact her.

Y/N: You're fast.

Y/N began to move around Mikasa, her posture shifting in the same way.

Y/N: Do you believe you stand a chance?

Y/N sprang to his feet and rolled towards Mikasa. Her eyes widened slightly as she used both of her blades in front of her face to deflect Y/N’s strike.

Mikasa was planning a counter-attack but couldn't find Y/N.

Mikasa: ‘Where is-’

Mikasa became aware of her whereabouts.

When Mikasa deflected Y/attack, N's he took advantage of the chance to sneak up behind her.

Mikasa's shoulder was touched, and before she could look behind her back, Y/N hit her in the face.

Y/N: Be aware of your surroundings.

Y/N was down to one blade, which he held in his left hand. He approached Mikasa, and the two of them battled.

As Mikasa got a few slashes on Y/N and Y/N got a few punches on Mikasa, the Garrison Soldiers were in wonder.

On the other hand, Rico kept a closer eye on Y/N than Mikasa throughout the duel. She was specifically looking at Y/N’s blades.

Rico: 'The more I stare at those blades' It makes me think of someone'

The blades of Y/N and Mikasa were against each other, and their faces were close together.

Y/N: Mikasa, admit it, you can't win.

Y/N spoke with a mocking expression.

Mikasa: I have to try.

Mikasa stated this as she raised Y/N’s hand with all her might. She delivered a roundhouse kick to Y/N’s wrist, causing him to drop his sword.

Y/N: Whatever

Everyone was confused as Y/N took out his other blade and flung it away from him.

Y/N: I'm not going to need a weapon to beat you.

Y/N assumed his combat posture.

Mikasa: 'He's insane to believe he can take me out with a pure hand-to-hand fighting'

Y/N and Mikasa were wandering around each other, trying to figure out what the other was going to do next.

Mikasa broke the tension as she dashed towards Y/N, confident in her ability to win.

Y/N held his position until Mikasa attacked, which did not take long. She prepared to slash Y/N with her sword up, but he grinned. Y/N pressed his arm to his face, hardening a tiny portion of it out of view of the other warriors.

Y/N: Predictable

Mikasa's arm softened when Y/N hit him in the face. Mikasa recovered swiftly from the hit and prepared to counter-attack, but Y/N continued to strike her before she could react.

Mikasa's awareness faded with each hit until Y/N shoved her to the ground. Y/N glanced down to find Mikasa with a bleeding face.

In reaction, Y/N took a step back and glanced at his hands, which were stained with Mikasa's blood.

What am I doing, Y/N? What have I been up to?

Kitz: Stop standing there!

Y/N shifted his gaze to Kitz.