20

"Oh Hyunjae, you're here! Come in."

Hyunjae took off his shoes and put them aside before stepping inside the house.

"She's in her room?"

"Yeah, want me to call her out?" Younghoon made his way towards the girl's room.

"It's okay, we'll talk inside." Hyunjae held the elder's arm, stopping him from keep walking. Younghoon just nodded and returned back to his room.

He knocked on the girl's door before twisting the doorknob after hearing her fainted voice calling him to get inside.

"I just woke up. Wait here, I'll go wash up." Dabin got up from her bed and walked towards the bathroom while signaling Hyunjae to sit on her bed.

After a while, the girl came out, joining the elder who was currently laying in the bed, playing with his phone.

"You're done?" Hyunjae asked, getting up from his laying position and sat up, facing the girl. Dabin just hummed in return.

"Before you tell me anything, actually I have something to confess." Hyunjae suddenly spoke, fiddling his fingers.

Dabin just remained silent, giving way for the boy to proceed on his words.

"All this while, I knew it all."

"I respect your decision, you don't want me to know so I act like I know nothing."

"But it breaks my heart knowing that you needed help, but I wasn't there."

"And it was hard for me to put up with your lies when the truth is discovered beforehand."

Dabin couldn't deny all the words that came out from the boy's mouth. It was totally understandable if he chose to get upset over it.

Compared to anyone else, it was undeniable that Hyunjae was the person she trusted the most. But why was it so hard for her to open up to him?

She was being selfish. She cared about her self-image more than her own best friend's feelings.

"I'm sorry." That was all she could say at that moment.

Hyunjae sighed then smiled at the girl.

"I'm not mad. Just a little bit upset." He messed the girl's hair up.

"I'm not going to do that again. I promise!" She raised her pinky finger up. Hyunjae raised his eyebrows, pretending like he didn't take the girl's word.

Dabin took the his pinky finger and linked it with hers, earning a chuckle from the latter.

"I couldn't be more happier that everything's settled." Hyunjae stated.

"Huh? But Soobin—"

"Leave her to Juyeon and Suhyeon."

********************

Juyeon cleared his throat, causing the person in front of them to turn around.

"Oh Juyeon? Suhyeon you're here too?" The latter acted surprise, causing Suhyeon to roll her eyes.

"Suhyeon you're here too?" Suhyeon mimicked the girl while showing her annoyed face.

"Yah, Chae Soobin! You're happy now?!" Suhyeon suddenly snapped at the girl in front of her.

Juyeon pulled her back, not wanting to make the situation worse.

"We don't want to cause any fight. But yeah, you know? We just found out that..." Juyeon suddenly took his phone out from his pocket.