Chapter 1- Prom,Here I come!

Ring Ring Ring

"Yes baby! School's over and we are free from our merciless teachers!",I shout as i rush out of the biology lab. Yes i know,you dont have to remind me that people call me a nerd and stuff cause well I get top marks and still here I am shouting in joy as the school bell ring loudly. I get over to my locker which i share with my best friend,Elixir. I see her getting her bag and then rushing over to me."Hiya Scarlett! You wont believe what happened in History right now..." And she is interrupted by Ben. 

"Elixir, will you be my girlfriend?" he asks with puppy eyes and a rose in his hand. I stiffle a laugh.Have I mentioned that my best friend here is one of the hottest and the most beautiful in the whole school and every boy falls at her feet? I look at her stuggling to hold my laugh and see her trying to keep her face straight which I know will burst any second.

"Sorry Ben,but you know I...Oh wait is that Miss Piper? Sorry Ben,I have to hand over my notes to her." And I see her rushing behind an imaginary teacher 

"Miss Piper doesnt teach here does she? If she does then I have to make her a 'welcome to our school card'.Oh by the way, Scarlett can you give this rose to Elixir?I am so sad that she runs away everytime I try to speak with her."

Poor boy.But these boys need to be given the message 'Elixir isn's dating anytime soon' or ever in her opinion so I reply to Ben "Go get someone else Ben,there are plenty of girls who will be interested" and to my shock I see him smile and say "What about you?"

"I have a boyfriend Ben" I scold Ben for even thinking that "Now shoo,school's over"

I shake my head in amusement and head towards the bus.As I am crossing the lawn I see someone call my name behind me,"Scarlett wait!"

I turn around and see Samuel catch up with me. "Sam,what are you doing?" I ask my boyfriend in a mixture of suprisement and excitement 

"Well first,I cant go home with saying goodbye to my sweet girlfriend.",He takes my hand and kisses it. I giggle and he continues "Second, I hoping if you would come to the prom this saturday as my date?".

"Really? You want to take me?". I don't actually know how I even managed to speak at all with my heart banging against my chest. 

"Of course I do,you aren't breaking up with me right? Is that why you feel unsure? Did I do something wrong? Geez woman speak up,I am having a heart attack!"

I hug him and rest my head in the crook of his neck and say "You should stop hanging around with me,my worrying nature is starting to rub off on you" I say teasingly but he makes a quick comeback "I wouldn't spending time with you for anything,well I guess maybe books" 

I pull back and give him a playful shove and with a fake serious expression I say "Books or me,choose Samuel!"

"Hard choice" he says slowly cupping his chin with his hand and pretending to think 

"You can take books to your prom then Mr.Books over my girlfriend" I say looking deeply offended

"I am just kidding dear,you know that i will rather see you in a nice dress instead of any percy jackson book and you know how much I love those" he says and then tugs my hand "Come on,or you will miss your bus".

And that day I go with a big smile on my face.My boyfriend and I are going to the prom as a couple.