Chapter 1

Excuse any mistakes

·Morning

I woke up laying on the soft white carpet. I lifted myself up and stretched my arms. I examined the room and no sign off my father. Thankfully.
I stood up and walked over to my mirror. A bruise had formed on my cheek. I put my hand on my bruise and it stung. Nothing a little make-up can't fix. I grabbed a white tank top with Marilyn Monroe on the front and black skinny jeans. I added my retro 11's with it. I walked into the washroom and took a 20 minute shower then did the rest of my hygiene. When I finished doing everything, I put my outfit on and flat ironed my hair. After I did all of that, I went downstairs to get some breakfast. My momma was in the kitchen making some pancakes.

"Morning momma." I greeted her with a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey bri bri." She greeted me back with a smile. She handed me a plate of food. I went to the kitchen table and sat down.

"Momma, are you busy today? You know when I get off of school?" I asked her.

"Yeah... I have meetings to attend to all day long." She replied.

"When don't you." I play with my food and sighed.

She sat down at the table with me.

"I'm sorry, it's just I do the best I can to provide for this family and all your daddy does is lay on his lazy ass all day." She told me.

"That's not all he does..." I whisper under my breath.

"Huh?" She asked.

"Nothing." I put a fake smile on my face. She returned the smile and gave me kiss on my forehead then got up to get her purse.

"Bye sweetheart!" She waved goodbye on her way out the door. I waved back.

I continued eating my breakfast. As I got up to put my plate in the sink, I hear footsteps coming down the stairway. I stopped what I was doing but didn't turn around. I felt a pair of big rough hands turn me around. I think you already know who it is. My dear father that I hate very much. He studied my face as if it was something interesting.

"You did good. I can't see no bruises or cuts. Now get out my damn house and get to school." He demanded.

I asked no questions and grabbed my book bag from the chair then darted out the door. I walked to my best friend house. Her name Armoni. When I got there I knocked on the door. After the 3rd knock she opened it.

"Hey best frienn!" Armoni greeted.

"Hey hey." I walked in the house and sat on the couch waiting for Armoni to finish getting ready. I swear this girl takes forever to get ready for anything.

Armoni is mixed with white, black, Indian, and Italian. Her hair is a burgundy-ish color. She has dimples and her skin is a dark tannish color. Her eyes are a beautiful green and she's about 5'3.

Armoni came down 10 minutes later wearing a black tank top with the words Stressed,Depressed but well dressed written in italic on the front in white. Also with skinny jeans and black Oralee boots.

"About time." I said.

"Shut up and let's go." She said. I stuck my tongue out at her and she grabbed her jean jacket then we left.

While we were walking we were talking about vines on the Little Einstein's remix.

"We need some niggas." Armoni said.