Chapter 4

Excuse any mistakes

When we arrived at the restaurant, I was beyond impressed. I honestly have no idea what my mother even does as a career, she never mentions it. What i'm stuck on is how we could even afford this place.

My mother and father got out of the car, as well as myself. They walked towards the entrance hand-in-hand as I silently followed behind. The place was filled with wealthy and fancy people.

As soon as we walked through the doors, a waiter was escorting us somewhere. We followed him up a staircase to the very top floor. Do these people have elevators?

The waiter lead us to a table where a bunch of buisness men and women were. They didn't look very friendly niether. I'm assuming they were my mother's colleagues. We took a seat at the table and I sat to the left of my mother. On my left, was my father, so I was inbetween both of them.

I had no idea what to do so I just followed everyones lead. The waiter brung out a few appetizers for us all. I didn't take any because I don't like eating before my food that I ordered is served.

"Mr.Moore this is my daughter, Brianna Simmons, and Jamar Simmons, my husband." My mother introduced us with hand jestures. "Mr.Moore" just nodded with his hands folded on the table. I felt so underdressed.

I just sat there quietly while everyone else discussed buisness I assume. When the waiter came to take our order, I ordered lobster thermidor.
While they had their conversation, my phone rang out of nowhere.

Shit.

Everyone turned their attention on me. I quickly searched for my phone in my purse. Once I laid my hands on it, I took it out and silenced it. I looked up from the table and gave everyone a crooked smile.

"Sorry for that." I apologized to everyone. My father stomped on my toe and I screamed "Son of a bitch!".

"Brianna!" My mother shouted.

"Dad stomped on my foot!" I said.

"Brianna, why would you make up such a lie?" My father asked as if he didn't know what he had done.

"Ma, I'm not lying! You know I wouldn't curse like that for no reason or intentionally!" I protested.

"Come with me Brianna." My mother ordered. Her ghetto voice kicked in, it's triggered when she's angry. I removed myself from the table following my mother. She took me to this corner not far from the table.

"What the hell do you think you are doing arguing with your father and I?" My mother asked gripping onto my arm.

"Ma, dad stomped on my toe, which made me scream. I'm sorry if I caused any trouble." I explained.

"We will talk when we return home." She said. She fixed herself and was about to walk back to the table.

"No." I raised my voice. Everyone turned their attention back on me, including my mother.

"I don't want to talk about it when we get home. I want to talk about it now! Dad abuses me everyday and you don't even know! I suffer from savior depression everyday all the time, and your never even home! I cry myself to sleep almost every night because of him! You have no idea what he does. He cheated on you! He lied to you! He is having a affair with other women when we are not even around! He doesn't just lay on his lazy ass all day! He is a untruthful, cold hearted bitch, and I'm tired of hiding my feelings." The truth has found its way out my mouth. By now, I was crying looking dead into my mothers eyes as she saw the hurt through my soul.