Is that an Adam? or a Warlock?

Peter slowly steps onto the coarse dirt beneath his feet. His chest pounding from the very rocky landing. Looking back at the opening of his ship, Drax, Mantis and Nebula all stand near the door. 

"Please be careful out there!" Mantis exclaims as she waves. 

"We'll keep the ship warm for your arrival, Quill! If you bring back a fight, I will be most grateful!" Drax chimes as he reaches for a button. Slowly the opening closes, but just before it does, Nebula smirks. 

"Hope you like what he has to show you." She says aloud as the entrance seals with a hiss. Peter looks at the ship with confusion. 

"What the hell does she mean by that?" He asks himself softly as he turns back to see Thor farther ahead of him. Peter quickly takes off behind him, catching up to him with ease due to the man's lack of stamina and shape. 

"Thank you again Quill, I couldn't do this without you." Thor says with a warm smile that strikes Peter to his core. 

"What is it exactly that we're doing? You still haven't explained why we're on a planet that would be very happy to have our heads on a golden platter." Peter says with a nervous tone. 

"Awe, well I can't say. It would ruin the surprise! I can say this though, I do have a plan." 

"One that you can't tell me about?" Peter asks with a slightly annoyed tone. 

"Exactly! Now you're getting it!" Thor exclaims as he picks up their pace. 

Just at the end of the lifeless dirt covered, rocky terrain was the brilliant shine of the golden city below. Peter and Thor stand on the edge of a cliff, overlooking the slightly different looking utopia. Peter looks on in confusion at the changed landscape before him. The great citadel once penetrated the endless sky, but now rests in the planet's crust. Surrounding it were spotlights that would give away any flying object's position that would pass overhead. The golden structures were darkened with dirt and rust, and the overall royal aesthetic was no longer fully present. 

Peter looks up from the sight to see Thor briefly admiring him before looking quickly back down towards the landscape below. 

"I was doing some research on this place, and it seems you and your crew did quite the number to these people. You eliminated their entire fleet in one go? That is mighty impressive!" Thor smiled as he looked around to the nearby rocks. 

"I- well... Thank you. It was an interesting situation to say the least. My dad was a planet, and you know how things go." Peter said calmly, getting a shocked reaction from Thor. 

"Well, you'll have to tell me all about him! I'd love to meet him, and maybe your mother." Thor says before hopping to a nearby lower landing. Peter rubs the back of his own neck before following suit. 

"We'll see." Peter says softly before leaping to the next landing with Thor. 

"So did you know that after their fleet was eliminated, Sovereign was completely defenseless? At least for a time. Now they're rebuilding, which gives us ample time to get what I need and get out!" Thor says cheerfully causing Peter to blush heavily. 

"Way to spin a negative into a positive." Peter sighs as they reach the ground below. Thor nods in agreement before looking on towards the array of lights in the near distance. He takes a moment to admire the view before catching a small look in the corner of his eye. 

"Even with the city in tatters, the lights really compliment anyone that has the privilege for them to dance upon them." Thor says without looking away from the view. Peter quickly keeps his eyes forward before shrugging.