Chapter 2

They went to Mama P's. They all were very excited to tell the news to Mama P and Jake.

Jake was a waiter at Mama P's, and a great friend of the girls. For Mama P, he wasn't just a waiter-but like a son for her. By accident, the girls had told him everything about magic. Since then, he knows everything about it, and he's a part of it.

The girls went inside the restaurant and shouted with delight. "Mama P! Jake! Look, we've an exciting news for you both!"  The girls were so excited that they forgot the magic is to be kept a secret. They immediately realized that and waited for Mama P and Jake to come.

They both came out of the kitchen, looking surprised at the sudden shout. "What's the matter? Why did you girls shout? You nearly made me jump!" Said Mama P. (Mama P wasn't always kind like this time. She's the most astonishing two-faced liar you could have ever met!) "We have a brilliant news," said Hannah. "What is it?" asked Jake "We can't tell you here. Let's go to a corner," said Darbie. "You girls!" Said Mama P.

They went to a corner. "Now, for goodness sake, tell us the news," said Mama P. "We're chosen to be the protectors of the cookbook again!" Said Kelly excitedly. "What?!" Asked Jake and Mama P together. "Yes! Look." Kelly took out the cookbook from her bag and showed it to them.

They stared at it as if they could not believe their eyes. "B-but how? It-it had left you, d-didn't it?" Gasped Mama P. "Yes, it did. But now, it has come back to us. We told Grandma Q (a nickname for Becky or Kelly's grandma) and Mrs Silvers," said Hannah. "It chose us because we were the best protectors of it. And we deserved to be the protectors again," said Kelly smiling.

"Th-that's great, girls! Good job!" Said Mama P. "Wonderful," said Jake. The girls smiled "D'you have any mystery to solve, yet?" Asked Mama P. "Not really. And even if we have, we aren't aware of it till now," said Darbie.

"Okay. If you need any help, I'm there for you ," said Mama P. "Yeah, I'm there, too," said Jake. "Thanks," said the girls, and went out. "Hey, talking of help from Mama P, I just remembered something," said Darbie. "What?" Asked Hannah. "If we've got the cookbook, then we must have got the spices as well," said Darbie. "You're right! Let's go and see!" Said Kelly. And they raced off to Kelly's home.