Chapter 9

"Hannah, dear, do you know why Kelly's being so careless these days? Oh dear, I hope she's alright," said Kelly's mother.

"Uh, no, Mrs. Quinn. She's alright," Hannah tried to explain. "Then why has she left without her work done?" Asked Kelly's mom.

"Oh-well, s-she couldn't solve a question, so she's has gone to Bonnie's house for help,"

"Bonnie? Who's Bonnie?" Asked Mrs. Quinn. "She's-er- a student in our class and she's brilliant in Maths," replied Hannah.

"Oh, so are you telling me that she's gone to Bonnie's house for asking her to explain her a maths problem?" Asked Kelly's mom. Hannah nodded.

"Oh, that's good. But Hannah dear, you're very good in Maths, aren't you? And I suppose you've completed your homework. Then, why didn't you help her?" Said Kelly's mother.

"Yes, but- I- I wasn't able to explain it to her properly. So, that's why."

"Oh, then I suppose it's alright. She's fine, that Kelly. But still, I've noticed a slight change in her behaviour these days. She doesn't talk to me herself, until I talk to her.
She doesn't come to me very often. She's always in her own arrest. So, I'll keep an eye on her-on what she does, whether she's doing her work or not and things like that," she said.

Hannah was horrified. "Oh dear! It'll be very difficult to keep magic a secret from Mrs Quinn if she keeps an eye on Kelly! Oh no, oh no! Drat Kelly! Fancy her not being so careful and noticing that her mom is being worried about her!" Thought Hannah tensely. "Now we'll have to do something..." Hannah frowned.

"What's the matter, dear? Oh, I must leave you now. How horrid of me to giving you such a lecture though it's Kelly who deserved it," apologized Kelly's mom.

"Yes, it's alright, Mrs Quinn." And Hannah went outside. "I'm already late..I'll have to go and see if I find any clue about the missing cookbook," she thought. She went to have a look around the private cabin. 20 minutes passed and she didn't find anything. She even looked inside the cabin again, but all in vain. "Oh, bother!" She said to herself.