Crossroads

I literally JUST wrote this and am posting it so have fun! If I have any grammar mistakes or spelling feel free to tell me but I literally haven't looked over this so I'm sure there's gonna be a few...

Idea came from: Crossroads by TomDay
I actually wrote something YEARS ago related to another Tom Day song but I have no idea where it went... All I know is it's in one of his YouTube comment sections XD
I just really wanted to do another one

And I'll do a "how I write" in a chapter later
———————————————————————————

Taking in the forgotten smell of the flowers, now too many to name from the overgrowth, he stepped into the field. Not long ago did the war emerge from the depths of hell and reign upon the world, leaving only destruction and mourn in its wake. But thank the lords that it had not found their field.

He absently watched as a bird flew high, untouched by any worry bellow them, yearning to just get a taste of wind under his wings again. He watched as the bees hovered around, dusting each and every flower they could see, for miles and miles on end. He stepped again and again, deeper into the field he went as he remembered. Reminisced about the simpler times. The times where he and his mum would wonder through this very field, not a care in the world as he danced and sang while she painted pictures in the sky with the clouds. When he weaved flower crown after flower crown until his fingers were pricked and the sky's turned grey.
He stopped in his tracks as he remembered the last time he was here. that one day when the field didn't seem as vibrant or blissful as the others. The day he picked flowers, not for flower crowns but for a goodbye bouquet to the one he loved most.

He dropped to his knees and wept. He wept for what seemed like an eternity. He wept not tears of sorrow but tears of joy. Of understanding what was to come. Of knowing as he finally understood what brought him back to their field in the first place. He finally could take his break. To be free. And as he laid down amongst the flowers and the bees who hovered by and the birds who flew above, he could feel her presence. The presence of she, long gone but never forgotten. His motherly figure who lost her war was now here to congratulate him on winning his. He understood now. He was free. Free to lay and rest his eyes. Free to just... give up.