Chapter 14

As the pain left my head, I finally realized what was going on. It's the pain. Every time my head hurts, something's messing with me and I mishear what everyone says.

     But, why did I see my past just now? Seeing that memory brought tears to my eyes. I keep a tight grip on my legs and sob.

     "Costa Luna.... why didn't you tell us that happened to you?" Italy asks. My head snapped up to the countries.... did they see it?

     I stand up, "I prefer not to mention it." America grabs my shoulders. "But it's best to tell someone about it. Why did they do those awful things to you?" I look away. "Simple, I'm a freak."

     America shakes me back and forth. "You are not!" he yells. Once he finishes, I feel dizzy.

     "Did you parents know about it?" Germany asks. I look down at the ground. "Not until that day. And they're the only people who know about it." They seemed confused. "What about the people who were there? And your friend?"

     I sigh and start to explain.

     "After that accident, my parents and I moved and I transferred schools. They thought it was too dangerous." That was one of the worst days, ever. "But, why did we see your friend with you if she went to a different school?" England asked. I smiled, "She had begged her Mom to transfer schools with me."

     A hand patted my head, "You've had it rough haven't you?" France says. I push his hand away and touch my ears, "Watch the ears!" I didn't even notice when they came out again. They just like to appear and disappear.

     "Back to the matter at hand, ve never said that stuff about you Costa Luna!" Germany said. I smile, "About that, I think something's wrong with me." England laughs, "Really, we haven't noticed." I glare at him. "I meant something else!"

     I tell them about the pain in my head I've been feeling and how it seems to happen just before I hear them saying horrible things about me.

    England is the only without response. While the other countries start questioning me and each other about what it could be, he sits there quietly with a thinking face.

     He pounds his fist into the palm of his other. "Now I remember!"