Epilogue 2

The sun was starting to set as they walked down the carriage path leading from Hogsmeade down into Hogwarts.

"I wonder what McGonagall wanted to talk to us about," Harry said.

"Mhmmm," Hermione said distractedly, letting her hand trail in the tall grass beside the road.

"I hope it's not a memorial thing or a fundraiser thing," Harry said with a frown, "They're exhausting."

"Uhuh," Hermione said, staring blankly at the passing trees beside the road.

Harry smiled and shook his head. He stepped close enough to bump her with his shoulder, "Hermiooooone-"

She blinked and looked up at Harry, "What?"

"You were in another world there," Harry said.

"Oh, sorry," Hermione said, shaking her head, "I was thinking and...."

"Got lost?"

Hermione smiled, "A little."

"What's got you so occupied?" Harry asked.

Hermione frowned at him.

"What?" Harry asked.

Hermione rolled her eyes, "It's been a month and a half."

Harry's eyebrows furrowed.

"You forgot? Really?" Hermione said.

"Forgot what?" Harry asked.

"It was your idea!" Hermione said.

"What was?" Harry said, starting to worry he had forgotten something important.

"The proposal!" Hermione said, "After Suirup was arrested, you said in a month and a half Ron and I should propose to one another!"

"Oh! Right," Harry said, "I mean, I guess I figured you'd ignore me. It's kind of a silly idea."

Hermione glared at him, "Shut up. It was a perfect idea. Without a deadline, it would have taken another year for us to get around to it."

Harry laughed, "Well, you're both busy. You especially."

"I know," Hermione said.

They both paused for a second as they stepped out of the trees, and Hogwarts rose in the distance, the windows faintly glowing in the growing twilight.

"So it's been a month and a half then?" Harry asked as they crossed the grounds.

Hermione nodded.

"So?" Harry asked.

"So what?" Hermione said.

"What are you going to do?" Harry asked.

"You said you weren't going to take sides," Hermione said.

Harry grinned, "I wasn't going to help. I just wanted to know what your plan was."

"I wanted to get my thoughts in order-," Hermione frowned to herself and pulled out her little beaded bag. She reached inside it and pulled out a handwritten multi-page essay, "-so I wrote out some notes-"

"Notes?" Harry said with a laugh, "That's a bit more than notes, Hermione."

"It's important to get my emotions across properly. You only get to propose once, after all," Hermione said, flipping through the pages.

Harry couldn't help noticing it was written front and back. "You were always good at that sort of thing, talking about your emotions."

"I'm just nervous," Hermione said.