Chapter six: a test

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I'm back with chapter six! :D

***

"They're terrible at this." Ally says, looking through a stack of files.
"Tell me about it." Meme mentions, looking up from one of his papers. "Apparently that Blaza guy once made out with a medical dummy his second year."
"As in kissed it?" Ally smirks.
"Yep."
"Interesting."
Meme laughs. "That's one word."
"Time to give them a crash course." Ally says and puts the papers under her arm. "Go get the first aid kit, Meme. I want to see how newbie these guys really are."
"I think you mean Dr. Memegod."
Ally rolls her eyes playfully. "Right, Dr. Memegod."
"I'll go get the first aid kit."
"Okay. See you in the main lab." Ally walks out of the room and down the hallway.

***

"You guys want to play cards?" Tbh pulls out a pack of cards out of his suit case.
"What kind?" Socks rolls over on his bed.
Blaza looks up from counting his coins.
"Um...it looks like go fish. I know I shouldn't of let my sister help pack."
Socks and Blaza laugh.
"Do you want to play or not?"
"Sure." Socks grins. "Wanna join, Blaza?"
"Y-yeah, sure." Blaza replies.
Socks slithers off the bed and sits beside Blaza who immediately blushes.
"I haven't played this game in years." Tbh sighs. "I'm going to be terrible at this."
"Good. It will be easier to win."
"I see you're competitive, Socks."
"Kind of." Socks shrugs.
"Kind of?" Blaza raises an eyebrow.
"Sort of."
Tbh smiles. "Okay, let's sta-
There's a knock at the door and the three jump.
"Everyone out." Ally says. "We're going to be performing a little test to see how much you know."
Blaza groans. "Ugh. A test."
Socks stands and offers a hand to Blaza.
"I-uh..."
"Do you need help up?" Socks asks.
"Um..."
Tbh looks at the two. "Blaza, I think Socks is offering to help you stand."
Blaza nods and takes Socks hand.
Socks pulls him up and the two are within kissing distance for a moment before Blaza quickly pulls away.
"Th-thanks."

***

"So what kind of test is it?" Muffin asks adjusting the cat beanie,
Ally looks at him and smirks. "A simple but affective one, mini furry."
"Hey! He's not a— Nadwe stops looking at Muffin's hat. "Oh no."
"Welp. It was bound to happen." Dino comments. "Anyone who spends time with Woolf becomes one."
"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Muffinnnnnnnnnnnn!" Nadwe cries.
"Am I a furry now?" Muffin glances up at Woolf.
"I'm not a furry!" Woolf exclaims. "And neither are you!"
"Cat boys." Dino snickers.
Woolf growls at him menacingly but Dino just grins.
Blaza looks around. "Where's Joocie?"
Ally looks up. "And where's that weird guy?"
Blaza gasps. "Weren't they supposed to be roommates."
"Oh my god, they were roo-
"Not the time, Dino!" Woolf snaps.
Ally goes to their door but it seems to be ajar. "They're not here." She mutters looking inside.
Socks swallows. "Okay, so that's a little weird but not bad, right?"
Tbh glances at Blaza who has a sudden concerned look on his face.
Ally looks at them for a moment. "It's nothing to worry about. Let's just continue with our task."

***

"Of course it was a joke." Laff says calmly.
"Oh, good. That almost got weird for a moment." Joocie sighs.
"You're talking to a person in a gas mask who's drinking tea through a straw, is that not strange to you?"
"I mean that's normal for you though, right?"
Laff nods. "Mhm. Most people find me intimidating I believe. Yet you seem strangely okay with it."
"I guess it just doesn't bother me. It's a little odd but not intimidating." Joocie smiles slightly.
"So, how did you meet your loud friend?"
"I've known Blaza for years. We met back in summer camp when we were kids."
"Is it strange?" Laff asks.
"Is what strange?"
"To know someone for so long."
"Not really. You get to know a lot about them and you know you can trust them, Y'know?" Joocie answers.
"Sounds nice."
"What's your story? Seriously this time."
"It's complicated." Laff straightens up a bit. "I guess it started four years ago when I became a medical student. I never really liked showing my face so I always wore precautionary attire. A lot of people found it strange...which is why I was sent here despite being quite good at the practice."
"What about the whole not knowing what a movie is and writing in a plague doctor journal? Is that just the way you were raised?" Joocie asks.
"I-" Laff hesitates. "I've always just been old fashioned I suppose. It's not that bad, is it?"
"Not bad. Just hard to believe." Joocie takes a sip of tea.
Laff nods. "Yeah...I know."
"What are you doing in here?!" Meme's loud voice rings through the kitchen and the two of them jump.
"Uh..." Joocie swallows.
"Tea." Laff replies simply.
"You're supposed to be doing a test." Meme crosses his arms.
"We are?" Joocie stands up. "When?"
Meme sighs. "Right now. Let's go."
Laff finishes his tea and follows after Joocie and the doctor.