Chapter 12: Always Changing

(Sorry for the short chapters. From now on they will be longer)

His voice seems different from before.

"Y-Y/N are you there?"

"Oh ah sorry kinda zoned out there."

"So what do you think of Lawrence?"

"Well at first he seemed like an angry, tired, typical boss, but now I realize that he's actually a really nice guy and he cares for his employees."

Matthew grunted. "Well he's very much the opposite of what you just described him as. Since you're somewhat new he's probably just making it seem like he cares but in all honesty, he doesn't and he never will."

I didn't know what to say. Matthew was getting a little out of hand. "Matthew what exactly happened this morning...?" The silence between us was very unsettling. "Nothing. It's none of your business anyway." I don't believe him at all. Something definitely did happen.
"Well I have to go now. See you later."
He hung up without saying goodbye.

Should I call Lawrence...? I don't want to be nosy but...eh whatever I'm just going to rest.
It's my day off after all.

Since my sleep schedule is all messed up I now stay awake at night and sleep during the day. Good thing this is just a temporary job...
I decided to clean up the house a little bit since my job has made me a little lazy. I grabbed the trash out of its container and walked outside to throw it in the bin. As I turned the corner to get to the side of the garage I saw some sort of...shadow? It quickly sped around the corner. I dropped the trash bag onto the cracked concrete. My hands started shaking. Something was out there. Whether it was an animal or a person, I had to find out. I slowly crept my way to the corner of the garage. The moon gave off some light so I could make out some objects. I took a deep breath and swiftly turned the corner. Nothing. Relieved I went back to pick up the trash bag when I saw a tall figure standing behind it. But once I blinked it had disappeared. My lungs tightened as I grasped the trash bag, dumped it in the bin, and sprinted inside. The door slammed behind me as I slid down to the warm floor. My breath was rugged. I could hear my heart slamming against my chest. I gripped my shirt and took a deep breath. It was nothing. I'm fine. I tried to tell myself. Was it a person? My mind was racing between different thoughts. After a few minutes I had gained control over my body and stood up, nearing falling. After locking all the doors and shutting the blinds I fell into the couch and looked at the ceiling.

"You can't hide from me."
He sang as I sprinted down the dark ominous hallway. The lights flickered on and off as I ran through the never ending tunnel. My lungs ached, my legs stung. I can't run any longer-
"I'm right behind you Y/N~"
Suddenly it felt as if I was in slow motion, the rest of the world still moving normally. Two hands grabbed my shoulders.
"Got you~"
He whispered into my ear. I tried to escape his grip but he only held on tighter.
"Tsk. Why must you struggle?"
Warm blood leaked down my back.
I cried out in pain.
"S-stop....I ca-"
He jerked my body around to face him. A tall man with messy dark brown hair and grey eyes stared down at me. He had an intimidating look on his face.
"I bet you don't recognize me,"
He chuckled.
"But I can assure you, we've already met."