Parts 1-14

Victor's Cloud Has A Silver Lining

Part 1.

Sang's POV.
A date. With Victor.
I've never been on a date. What am I supposed to do? Do I let him kiss me, or not? What do I wear? What do I say? What do I do? I can hardly remember the etiquette of characters in books and TV shows, but in the end, it wouldn't be helpful, now wouldn't? I'm Sang. And he's Victor, how can I apply a book to our situation?
I'm sure Victor has been on many dates before, he would be so much more experienced than me.
Nathan came in the kitchen, kissed me gently on the forehead, frowning at me,
"What's the matter?" he asked, concerned. Ever since our fight a few days ago, things have been slightly rusty between us, but nothing will ever change the way I feel for him. Mr. Blackbourne has made it clear; we'll go through the ups and downs, the make ups and breakups, but our love and friendship won't diminish.
And that's with all of the guys, not just Nathan. They all love me. They just have their ways of expressing it.
"Nothing." I replied, not wanting to concern him, and also unsure if he knew I was going out with Victor tonight or not,
"Really." He asked, although it sounded a bit more like sarcasm.
I opened my mouth to respond before the front door crashed open, shocking me,
"Trouble, where are you? Trouble!"
Gabriel? What's he doing? "I'm here!" I called from the couch.
Entering the room, he was in a tight neon green tank singlet and jeans, his hair hanging loose around his face, the pink beanie flopping, his bright eyes sparkling with excitement.
Then it changed to bewilderment.
He widened his eyes, pointing his hands at me confused, several plastic bags hanging off each of his arms,
"What the fuck are doing sitting around? Have you showered yet?"
Now I'm the confused one, "What?"
He rolled his eyes exasperatedly, pressing his palm against his face, "Your date. You should be getting ready for your date."
I stood up, displaying the skirt and shirt I was wearing, "I was just going to wear this." I said softly, putting my finger to my lips, suddenly completely unsure.
Gabriel was still, staring at me, unblinking. Frozen. For several, long, worrisome seconds.
Have I done something wrong? And how does Gabriel know about the date? Did Victor tell him?
Nathan clicked his fingers in front of Gabriel's face, "Dude, wake up."
Gabriel suddenly came back to life, looking dazed, "I think I just had a fucking heart attack. Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, Trouble. Go.
Shower. Now. Thirty seconds. Go."

When I finished showering and thrown on a bra and panties under a towel, Gabriel explained while washing my hair that Victor told him about the date, and he was assigned with getting me ready.
"Okay, okay, what do you think? You like it? Too bad if you don't."
I gasped in the mirror. Gabriel had styled my head so it settled down my back in gentle curls, the long fringe in my face swept to the side in a loose curl. It was gorgeous, the hair shining under the bathroom light,
"You're magical, Gabriel."
He shrugged with a cocky grin, "Yeah, I am." He handed me one of the plastic bags, "Now put this on, we don't have time to fuck around," he was about to close the door behind me when he turned back and pointed, "You have exactly one minute and I'm coming in whether you're dressed or not. Sixty. Fifty-nine. Fifty-eight..."
Inside the bag was a dress of peach with a layer of a shiny silver silk on top, which was translucent enough to see the pinkish layer underneath. It's sweetheart neckline and capped sleeves were gorgeous, and slimmed down my waist, flaring out an inch above the knee. Flirty, yet very, very elegant.
It makes me wonder where Victor is taking me tonight.
"Thirty-eight."
I slipped it on, being careful of my hair to not mess up Gabriel's work, and checked in the mirror. It fit perfectly, and I couldn't help but believe that I looked older. More mature.
"Twenty-two."
I opened the door, proud of myself that I beat his time limit, beaming,
"Does it look good?" I asked, turning my face to the side in a little pose.
He bit his bottom lip, which was mildly diverting my attention to his mouth, studying me, his eyes running over my body.
Eventually, he nodded, approving, "It's good for late notice."
"What?"
"I didn't have much time. I bought it today, and the shoes," he pointed behind him, "Let's put them on, too."
He sat me down on the bed, as he knelt down on one knee, unpacking the shoes from the box.
"Gabriel."
"Mm?"
"Where is Victor taking me?"
"To the Prince's ball, Cinderella." With that, he grinned up at me, and slipped the shoe on my foot.
Swooning. Swooning.
It was a perfect fit as well, the closed silver heel, that wasn't too high.
He put the other shoe on, standing up and extending his hand to me. Balancing, I stood with him as he pulled me close, our bodies brushed against each other. My breath quickened and I suddenly became very aware of Gabriel. Of his closeness. Of his stare. Of his heartbeat. Very aware.
He rested his hand on my hip, the other holding my left hand,
"Put your right hand on my shoulder." He said softly. Doing so, I wobbled a little, but straightened quickly, and I have a feeling that it wasn't the shoes that was making my legs feel like jelly.
"Gabriel..." with the heels, the top of my head reached his lips, which he pecked gently, then pulled back from,
"Where Victor is taking you, you'll have to know basic ballroom dancing steps, just in case. I doubt you know, do you?"
I shook my head no.
He took a breath quickly and nodded, setting his concentrated blue gaze on me, "The guy leads, you follow. Watch my feet, look, one, two, three, one, two, three," I counted along with him, getting the general idea of the rhythm and pace. Trying to mimic his hip movements and posture, I eventually got the hang of it. I think.
He smiled warmly, "That's it. That's all, Trouble. Just let the guy lead you, and alternate your feet. If he turns you, turn, you get it."
"I get it."
We stopped dancing, just standing there in an embrace. I could feel his warm breath on my neck, sending shivers down my spine. His slenderfingers intertwined with mine.
Gabriel suddenly shifted, letting go as he retrieved his phone out of his pocket, reading the lit up screen.
"Victor's here."
I didn't want to leave now. Not when everything was so perfect and comfortable with Gabriel.
"I guess I should go then?" I asked, pushing my finger to my lip.
He raised a finger and pushed mine away, resting his on my lip instead. My breath hitched. I almost bit it like I do with Nathan, but it didn't feel right, and his soft touch felt so, so right, just there. Intimate.
"One more thing."
He stepped forward, picking up a silver clutch from the bed behind me, as well as a silver shawl. He handed me the clutch, "I've put your phone in there, as well as a mirror and some lipgloss, with balm in it. Put it on when you get in the car. Text me on your way back. I'll make sure Nathan is up for you. And..." He wrapped the pretty shawl around my shoulders, reeling me back into him, placing a firm, yet gentle closed mouth kiss on my lips. Surprised, I pushed back on him, moving my lips along with his slightly before we both pulled back. I don't want to lose this moment. It's these times, little things, memories, that I don't want to forget.
Gabriel groaned, "Go, Trouble. Go on your fucking date." He stepped to the side to allow me to pass.
"Thank you."
"For what?"
"Doing all of this for me," I kissed him in the cheek one more time, "You really are magical, you know that, Meanie?"
He smirked, "I guess that means I'm your fairy godmother."