Chapter 3: An Idea

1 week later

Tom's P.O.V

I'm at home, and I've been thinking about something for the past week, so I decide to text Chris (h) and ask him.

Tom: I have an Idea but I need your opinion

Chris: hello mate, what's your idea?

Tom: I'm thinking about adopting a girl, she's 5 and very sweet.

Chris: well mate kids are amazing, I say you should go for it, she'll be the most rewarding thing, trust me

Tom: alright thanks, bye

Chris: bye

I close my phone and my thoughts and I sail away to a far away land.

Alice's P.O.V

I'm sitting in my room, I haven't eaten since yesterday morning.

Ms. Emily isn't treating me very kindly, I try to do something but yet again I'm only 5.

People say I have a way with words, and I like to believe it's true, the way I speak makes me seem older, and more mature, I like to use big words, but I also fancy the small ones, sometimes they might bring more meaning and value to the sentence, or so I like to believe.

I'm tired of staying in the Orphange so I decide to run away, I get a small backpack and I pack my clothes, I open the window and climb down the water pipe, then I make a run for it.

I keep running and running, and I could hear Ms. Emily shout my name, but I ignore her, and I head to the only place I know the libary.

When I reach there I see that its closed so I start walking down the street, then I see a couple of guys walking behind me, oh no...

I start walking the other way around but they still follow me, so once again I make a run for it, when I accidentally bump into someone, when I look up I'm relieved, it's Tom!

"Tom! Please help me," I tell him pleadingly.

"What's wrong?" He asks me worriedly.

"There were 3 guys, and they're following me," I tell him.

Then I see the police arrive, instead of going dor the guys they come for me.

"Where are you taking her?" Asks tom as I hide behind him, scared.

"She ran away from the Orphanage she lives in and we're here to take her back," I hear one of the officers say, Tom tries to convince them not to take me but they don't listen, and I'm back at the Orphanage again square one.