July fifteenth 2021

Chester called me up. Asked for an AC unit. ....as if.....

no, i don't 'always' have ice in my veins. 

It's hot , muggy hot , the sun isn't just shining , it's baking.

I said , "uh. not pronouncing the g. ugh."

Went down to the basement. The old coal room. Had to move some things.

Ideally as little as possible. A few buckets mostly. Some heavy.

The AC unit sat upon a shelf , the bottom one on one of those six-foot high plastic shelving units.

I wiggled it out , turning and moving it , slowly. Powered it out over out and around. Lights out doorway , doors, near chest level to clear some points. Tough. A bit dirty. That shirt made into toast as far as getting cooked and soaked by now with an outpouring of sweat. 

My bare arms touched the sides. Not thoroughly cleaning the swaths of kneaded dirt patches , simply smearing a bit so that it existed on both the unit and my arms . shirt too , of course.

Then outside. sat down (the unit). closed the furnace room door & snuffed the lights. --the modernity of ancients clued to a precision mercury switch rather than the crush of an endwick and a dampened finger press. Did the screen door a slide-loc to keep it open. No wind at the time , so left it halfway to the 180° of a full open pass. In one or several steps to set down once more , allowing the closure of another door before treading the treacherous stairs. Safe enough for me , but others have passed with difficulty . complaints . as well as a bit of breakage on an edge yet to be repaired.

Up the stairs . A half set down before going outside to set down again. Back in quickly to keep the outside out & the inside in (bugs out) them fawkers'll zoom towards a nice pungency away from their dank existence in flowing air. Lights off to the basement and a light close of the door.

Grabbing a near empty bottle of simple green , five half-sheets of Bounty , a three and a two. I damped it all over in the shade of my last stop. Walked to the gate door to open it for the journey. Chester had come out at some point along this. Retrieved the massive block to be a window plug and did the carry. The fence door size-wise holds the width of a bucket to four feet , then opens to a large bay opening to which anything would fit through. I struggled , managed it as Hooch pantingly struggled as a curious child getting completely underfoot. 

Chester tried to leash him and have Steffany hold him as I asked which window ...to go.. in..to.

Chester opened it , and the screen. I put it in. Generally balancing it with a prescrewed board on bottom and some aluminum angle-iron channel pieces* surrounding the top.bottom.&sides.

*bit of an oxymoron if reference to the better than standard parts

Good fit. Only a small opening on the sides. Maybe to be taped or something later.

They're chillin' - Hooch , Steffany , Chester.

Chester called. Said working well. Hooch no longer panting ina transformative to a Cujo mentality . Plus one for the edge of sanity. Said he's sprawled on the floor and almost cool to the touch on the synthetic wood board floor. And he's almost considering putting on a shirt. 

Alls-well my part fin par ahoramismo.