CHAPTER 9

Meanwhile several nearby barrels sneak out around a corner unnoticed. The largest barrel topples over, forcing the smallest barrel to push it into the alley. Tigress stops the barrel, causing the lid to fall of to reveal me inside.

Y/N: They must be close. I can feel a kung fu chill riding up my spine...

Viper slides out of the barrel.

Viper: Sorry, Y/N , it's just me.

Tigress stands up and spots a hanging sign on the alley corner.

Tigress:  Look! Gongmen Jail.

A tiny barrel rolls towards the two wolves guarding the jail entrance. They peer down at it.

wolf: Aw, it's cute.

Pause... and then Mantis explodes out of the barrel.

Mantis:  CUTE?!

He swings the wolves around before knocking them senseless and tossing two barrels over the unconscious bodies. We  burst into the jail and take out the guards inside. I backhand the last wolf without even looking at him.

Tigress:  Nice work, Y/N.

Monkey: At the first sight of trouble, I'll give you a signal: Ka-kaw! Kee-kee!

PO: You mean like Crane does? I will stand guard with you 

Monkey: Yeah ok 

Tigress and I  leap into the cell area. Crane steps up to Monkey and Po.

Crane: Excuse me, when have I ever made that noise?

Tigress and I  peer into the cells as they search for Ox and Croc.

Y/N: Master Ox? Master...

I spot  a melancholy Master Croc leaning on a cell door in a dark corner of the room and start walking over to them. Po notice him as well then lets his inner geek out and  excitedly runs over to him.

PO: The ferocious Master Croc! 

We spot Master Ox inside and Po happiness doubles.

Po: And Master Storming... Ox! I can't believe.

Y/N: OK Po go back to guarding with Monkey while Tigress and I free them. 

Po: Oh yea ok its just I am such a big fan. 

Y/N: I know but later Po. 

Po nods and walks back to monkey and crane. I begin pulling at the bars of their cells .

Y/N: Gotta be a key around here... no they wouldn't leave a key around here.

Tigress: He-yah!

Tigress breaks the door off its hinges.

Y/N:Oh great, you found it! Good job love Alright, let's go! We're coming for you, Shen!

 I turn and falter and walk back to the two masters, who have made no move to leave their cell.

Y/N: Guys, are we going, or not? Do you wanna meet us there later? I mean, you do want to take back your city, right?

Ox: Of course we do. [He and Croc pick up the door.] But if we stand up to Shen, he will turn the weapon on the city!

They push the door back in place . I'm stunned.

Y/N: Listen to yourself! You're protecting Gongmen City by not protecting Gongmen City? If we all fight together...