Comfortable presence

That day Rainë woke up smiling. She did spend a good day with the band yesterday!
She still needed a bit of alone time so after greeting her family she ate breakfast alone and drank some tea. She also wanted to read a little which she did during several hours...until she realised she got a little wrapped up and it was already midday.

After some thinking she told herself it might be a good idea to go workout so on she went. After warming up she started her workout and came the bulgarian split squats which...let's be honest are horrible. So she adventured herself once more on that evil exercice. One set, done. Two sets. *C'mon Rainë one left and you're gonna be so proud of yourself!*
 A minute after she was on the floor, ready to pass out but happy. She had exercices left of course, but the worst part was over.

Music blasting all over the place, she shut her eyes in order to concentrate on her breathing for a minute and try not to die.

But then she heard something, little steps. She opened her eyes, seeing Ethan quite concerned. 

-Are you good? He asked which made her laugh. 

-Yeah, I've beaten up these bulgarian squats once more!

He nodded, smiled and seemed to hesitate. 

-It's alright you can come, there's plenty of place for the both of us, she tried to convince him, slighlty uncomfortable herserlf. He nodded and began his workout.

It honestly wasn't so bad she thought in between sets: Ethan's presence wasn't uncomfortable to her and unlike some (like Alex) he didn't growl like a ravenous lion while lifting. After her final set , she was unloading the plates when she saw him doing bench press WITH CLIPS ON.
She immediately went to him seeing him struggle lifting the very much loaded bar, encouraging him as she could while spotting him. Her words made him smile but he couldn't lift it so she helped.

-You NEVER hit a heavy weight on bench press with clips on when you have no spotter DUMMY, she said, half laughing but in all seriousness. 

-Yes, that is true...sorry, he smiled ,thank you for helping and your sweet words.

-You are very welcome, she answered ,you're gonna try again?
He answered positively. 90 second or so later, he tried again and beeing concentrated, he succeeded. She congratulated him and after learning that he won't need a spotter anymore she said she's gonna go on a swim.

 -In the lake? he asked, intrigued. 

-Uhu. 

-Isn't it very cold water, even in this period of the year?.

 -Well...yeah..but..it feels good. 

-Interesting, he answered again, which made her laugh. 

-You want to test it out yourself?

 He hesitated.
-I don't want you to wait for me forever...

 She asked how many exercices he had left.
-Well that's fine, I'm gonna strech out, make us a good old sandwich and come back to get you, how about that? she suggested.

 -Seems great he smiled.

So she did what she said, taking her time on the sandwich making. She also took two drinks and changed to her swimsuit, taking some clothes to put on afterwards. After all of that she went back, finding Ethan ready to go. They passed the band's cottage because he needed to change too. Then they went to the lake. 

-I already regret this decision, he laughed. 

-Nooo you'll see! The first seconds feel like you're in an ice cube but after that it's...well..bearable. That's not reasuring, is it? she laughed. 

-I've heard better. 

-Well you're already there so jump, she smiled and jumped in the water. He followed her.

-So how is it? she asked, swimming around. 

-You people are vikings and it shows... he smiled and took his shampoo. 

-Oh can I try it? You have perfect hair I want mine to be like silk too!

-Thank you for the compliment, here of course try it, he smiled.
They washed themselves before getting out of the water, then they wrapped themselves in their towels. Oddly enough, they felt very good with each other, their presence was comfortable. They ate their sandwich and drank their drinks, after what they changed into dry clothes.

After some time they went back and saw that the three friends were talking with Rainë's family. The three of them teised him in Italian so that no one would understand they were so surprised to see their friend with her alone.

When Alex suggested to play volleyball, they were way more than the day before to accept to play. They were 10, so two teams of 5 players. Maneskin asked Rainë if she wanted to play with them, they did enjoy her company and it was reciprocated.

They lost some games, won others, teased each other:

-C'mon Damiano my grandma could throw this ball better, screamed Rainë, laughing. 

-Do you think she would kill you like I do? he answered in the same tone.

-Rainë if you don't get us this point I'm going to drown you I swear, said Victoria another time.

-And I would help her to hide your corpse, added Thomas. 

-Yeah sure even if you were two together I would beat you with one hand, answered Rainë.

Needless to say that all the afternoon was composed of sarcasm and laughter.

When they all got tired they stopped playing and joined the rest of the family who did a barbecue. It honestly was surprising how much time the band spent with the family, but there was a real good atmosphere and well they still spent a whole lot of time by themselves.

After these events, the same things continued during 10 days. They all had a lot of fun and the band and Rainë got to know each other better. She even spent several nights at their cottage and they became sort of friends. Not too close for now but well they felt it was a start of something.
So on they went with their holidays (having four more days in Iceland) until one special day arrived: the family gathering!

Hi everyone, I'm starting to include our main characters more and more :)
Also thank you so much for the reads and votes!
Hope you enjoy!!