𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐓 𝐖 𝐄 𝐋 𝐕 𝐄

At Fall Fest, Marcus and Mia parted ways to do their own things

At Fall Fest, Marcus and Mia parted ways to do their own things. Mia bought a candy apple from a concession stand, taking a bite out of it every now and then. She had found Austin, so she decided to stick with him for the time being. It felt like the teen never got to see him anymore, and she felt guilty for it. The redhead took Austin all around to play games, eat food and other festival type things. He had got some scooter type thing, rolling around in it while Mia walked next to him. Most of the time, she had to mom-walk her way behind him since he went so fast.

An hour and a half into the festival, Marcus had found Mia and Austin drinking pumpkin frappes. The older boy they get their faces painted to annoy their siblings, and Mia happily agreed. Austin decided to stay sitting where he was with his drink, promising to find Mia later. The girl agreed, going off with her friend to annoy Maxine and Ginny.

At the face painting table, Marcus went up to Ginny, so Mia sat down in front of Maxine. The brunette's former customer had ran off screaming, so Mia took her chance. Maxine's eyes widened at the sight of the girl in front of her. Ginny had told her what went down between them, so she didn't expect her to show up.

"Why do you look so surprised to see me?," Mia asked. The girl across from her shook her head, snapping out of her trance. "No reason. Now what should I paint?" The blue-eyed girl looked down at the designs. She observed them for a moment before putting her finger on the top right corner. "A rainbow," she smirked. Maxine rolled her eyes, but she began to work.

The brunette carefully stroked the brush across Mia's face. To work better, she grabbed the girl's chin with her left hand and continued to paint with her right. A faint blush spread across Mia's pale cheeks at Maxine's touch. She leaned into Maxine's hand, smirking again at her flushed face. All of a sudden, the girl removed her hand, making Mia pout. The hand returned on her thigh, and Mia quirked her brow. She placed her hand on top of Maxine's.

"Or did that shut up now because you're so cool?," Marcus's voice cut in. His twin spun around to see him getting his face painted by Ginny. "What?," she queried. "Ginny knows what I'm talking about." The boy's dark brown eyes bore into Ginny's, a secret message between them.

The tan girl finished her work, picking up a square mirror and presenting it to Marcus. He turned his head to the side, only to see a red penis on his cheek instead of a heart. All the girls snickered, making the boy clench his jaw.

"Marcus, why don't you just go sniff cold medicine or whatever your hobbies are?," Maxine suggested. Her brother looked Ginny up and down and got up. "Nice sweater," he snarked. The girl who was once across from him seemed a bit stunned by his comment and got rendered speechless. "He's right about that. Your sweater's super cute."

Mia continued to ignore Ginny's presence. She rarely held grudges, but when her practical sister calls her a slut, it's hard not to. Ginny had yet to apologize, and Mia waited for her to do so.