Oneshot: A Magical Yule Ball ( A Draco and Hermione fanfiction)

This is a Harry Potter fanfiction. I don't own Harry Potter, all the characters, places, ... belong to J.K. Rowling ( except for Kyle and Alexia Bennet). The lyrics in italics are from the song "Magic Works" by the Weird Sisters, which I also do not own :).

This is also my first story on Wattpad, I was too nervous to post it sooner :).

If it's even a tiny bit enjoyable, I'll be happy :) .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 The days were shortening and it was getting colder and colder.

Winter had definitely arrived and it was almost time for the highlight of the year: the Yule Ball.

 Over the past few weeks girls had been following groups of boys to spy on them and overhear what they were discussing in secret. In doing so they were trying to find out which girl they were going to ask to the ball.

 Hermione thought that some of those girls, the ones in desperate need to find a date, were acting very ridicules.

 Only yesterday a Hufflepuff girl named Alexia Bennett had “fainted” right in front of the boy she had a crush on. Just so he would notice her and ask her to the ball. But in the act of doing that she had hurt her arm pretty badly.

 Sure, Kyle had definitely noticed her but instead of asking her out he had to bring her to the Hospital Wing.

 Hermione couldn’t care less about this ‘big’ event.

 But then nobody had asked her, yet.

 And if no one did, so what? It wouldn’t be the end of the world; it didn’t mean she couldn’t have a great time among friends. She was a strong, independent girl; a date wasn’t necessary.

 She had just climbed through the portrait hole when someone came walking towards her.

 ‘Hey Hermione!’

‘O hey, Seamus.’

 ‘Are you ok?’

 ‘I am , thank you.’

 ‘So, I was wondering: would you like to go to the Yule Ball with me?’

 Hermione was very surprised to hear this: ‘I thought you were going to ask Lavender?’

 ‘So did I, but she’s going with Ron. So, would you like to go with me? You know, just as friends?’

 Well, it couldn’t do any harm… She thought.

 ‘Yeah, sure, as friends.’

 ‘Good! Then I’ll see you here in the Common Room tomorrow evening, before the ball.’

 ‘Ok, see you then.’

 At that Seamus smiled at her and went through the door of the boys’ dormitories.

 Yeah right, behold: a strong, independent girl…”A little voice in her head said.

 ‘O shut up.’

¨¨¨¨¨¨=*=¨¨¨¨¨¨

Hermione was staring into the mirror before her. She sighed and let her eyes travel from her silver high heels to her beautiful dress. It had the purple colour of grapes and its V- neck was inlayed with silver strasses or paste jewelleries. It fell in waves around her body and nearly touched the ground. What also took her notice was that the dress clearly outlined her figure.