Chapter 8: Mrs. Malhotra's Love Life

A/N : Holla Familia! I am in a bit of a rush today, so I'll spare you from my usual chatter this week ;) Although I will address one question that was asked by my readers last Sat. 

Yes, this story is nearing it's end :) I didn't want to write an unnecessarily long & complicated storyline; I wanted to write a simple & realistic marriage story, where two folks come in with lot of history, but they give each other a fair chance & amidst misunderstandings, find a reason to hold on & find love! It's that simple! But I hope the journey will be worth it :) 

Don't worry this isn't the last chapter! It is a 10 chapters + 1 Epilogue story & it's completed at my end! So sorry, I will not be able to add additional stuff you were keen in seeing in this story - although I have taken stock of all requests & let me tell you there are 2 other MaNan stories I will unveil soon, after this is over - I will definitely keep your requests in mind while penning them :)

(And I thought I wasn't going to chat today! :P)

Anyway, happy reading! See you at the end of the chapter! 

***

Manik's POV

I was worried for her; she was overworking. She always did, but this was too much. I hadn't seen her in the last two days, I hadn't heard from her either, and whenever I tried contacting her, she was busy. I wanted to talk to her, find out if she was fine; daadi told me she looked really tired nowadays, and even after sharing the same room, I never got to see her. Was she just busy or was something wrong? I wanted to talk to her desperately and tell her things I never thought I would tell Nandini. I wanted to firstly tell her about Soha, that Soha was getting engaged to Harshad in a short while. I wanted to tell her that all this while I was spending time with her, I was just helping her out with Harshad. I wanted to tell her, I had moved on, Soha's proximity to Harshad didn't bother me anymore. I wanted to ask her if she was ready to look beyond Aryaman and give life another chance. No I wasn't in love with her, but I was used to her, she fit my life so perfectly that it felt like she belonged right there. I didn't want changes in my life. If she was willing, I wanted to give this marriage a fair chance.

I was surprised to begin with, when my driver called to inform me that she had refused to use the car, my intuition was right, there was something amiss. However I couldn't put my finger on what exactly went wrong. I haven't done anything to hurt her, and as far as my knowledge goes, no one else in my family either has, not the ones that count anyway. I decided to wait, and confront her that day, I knew she would be tired, but this had to come off. I decided to keep it short, but nonetheless have the conversation tonight. I was standing by the balcony waiting, when my eyes fell on something slightly out of place. Here in Carter Road, it is quite a posh place, unless your pockets are heavy, there are very little chances that one could afford to even rent a place here. Then what were the couple in a rickety old bike doing here? That too late at night? It took me another thirty seconds to realize that the bike stopped right outside our mansion, and once the lady got off, it was unmistakably the silhouette of Nandini. When the man took off the helmet to talk to her, my doubt found justification, it was Mr. Window Creep, for sure. Something in me felt irked seeing the view before me, but I hadn't still questioned it then. Nandini had refused my car to be dropped by this man in such a rickety vehicle? Was she tha-aat annoyed with me? But my thoughts were clouded the next moment when I saw the two sharing a very intimate embrace before she walked towards our mansion; my blood boiled in irritation, so this was the reason she was busy? No, no one in my household had irked her, she wouldn't care if they did even – who were we anyway? Her life revolved around Aryaman right? I quietly walked back to the room; in a few minutes she walked in, she was startled to see me awake but she didn't stop to exchange words, even though I was staring right into her eyes; she just looked away and walked towards the closet determinedly.