Chapter 1: The Meeting

~THIRD POV~

The night of October 10th, in Konohagakure —or as most people call it 'the leaf village'— you could see a small boy running. He was around 8 years old. He had beautiful cerulean blue eyes and beautiful blonde hair. He had light brown skin and three whiskers on one cheek with 2 whiskers on another. He was wearing a messy orange jumpsuit. 

~NARUTO POV~

I was running. Running fast. You may be wondering..'what is this boy running from?'. Well, today is October 10th. And here, it's the day of the Fox Hunt. Most villagers and a few shinobi chase after me. This is how it works:

A villager sees me; they yell fox hunt; the chase begins. I always wondered why I got such hateful glares. I realised the truth after the name calling started. 'There's the demon!' 'Get back here Fox brat!' 'Let's finish what the fourth started!'. It wasn't very hard and they weren't very subtle about it. 

I am the Jinchuruki for the Kyuubi No Yoko. The fourth sealed the tailed beast in me on my birthday. My father. It wasn't hard to guess since my mother is the only uzumaki here and I look like a carbon copy of my father. I'm guessing the villagers don't know that though. 

I hate this stupid jumpsuit. It was the only thing the villagers would let me have. It's the jumpsuit's fault I got caught in the first place! I like orange but I prefer light blue and sunset orange. Not kill-me-orange. Bleh. 

As I was saying, I was running as fast as my legs could take me. Well, not really. It's actually as fast as my legs could take me with my weight seals on. I started wearing them only a few days ago but this is my training. 

I ran towards the forest of death. The one place the villagers won't hurt me. It was like my safe haven. People normally avoid it because of the whole death thing with all the 'scary' plants and animals.

They weren't very scary though. I know them and they're all very nice. They don't hurt me. I sometimes have one sided conversations with the plants and trees and take care of wounded animals. I really enjoy the company of Sapphire though. She's a beautiful blue and white fox who keeps me company. 

As I entered the forest, I heard two people crying

As I entered the forest, I heard two people crying. From the sound of it, they were my age. They might hurt me or be mean to me but I refuse to do the same. I follow the sound of their voices and see a black haired boy with hair the shape of a Duck's butt with onyx eyes and dirty, messy clothes and a pink haired girl with beautiful jade eyes and a bruise on her left eye.

I approach them slowly and as soon as I'm near them, I tackle them into a hug, earning shocked yelps. We stay like that for a moment, processing what was going on. After a few minutes, the pink haired girl broke the silence. "H-hi." She said softly. "My name is S-Sakura Haruno, what about you guys?".

"Sasuke U-Uchiha." The onyx eyed boy said, looking down.

"N-Naruto Uzumaki" I said nervously.

"Why are you both crying?" I asked softly.

"W-well, I r-reached home after taking a w-walk and I heard m-my parents f-fighting. They normally fight a lot s-so while they were f-fighting, my m-mom hit my eye r-really hard so I ran out and met S-Sasuke. I saw him s-sitting here so I s-sat with him and we cried for a w-while" Said Sakura. 

Both of us turned to look at Sasuke.

"I-I went home a-after training and w-when I reached, the g-guards weren't there. I-I went inside to s-see what was going o-on and found everyone d-dead!" He said, tears falling down. "I went to see my p-parents and found them d-dead with my big b-brother next to them. I asked him w-what was going on and h-he said he k-killed them to test his p-power." He finished, clenching his fists.

I immediately embraced them in a hug, tears going down my face. "I-I'm sorry" I whispered quietly. I felt terrible for them. Again, we sat for a while. Tears fell down my face, revealing another whisker mark on my face. Sakura and Sasuke noticed and were confused to see paint the colour of my skin dripping from my face with my tears.

I noticed the looks they were giving me and immediately started to explain. "A villager painted on one of my whiskers because he said it looked ugly but another villager stopped him saying that it shows my true form" I stated, looking down. 

"Don't listen to them!" Sakura said, concerned. "They're just stupid people who don't know anything." She stated, causing me to chuckle. "Thanks." I said, earning a small smile in return.

"By the way," started Sasuke, making us look at him. "What's your story?" He asked, making sure he's not making me feel uncomfortable or anything. And that's when it started. The beginning of a new family.