Redhead

Beauty.

What is beauty?

According to books, beauty is a combination of qualities, such as shape, color, or form, that pleases the aesthetic senses, especially the sight.

Some would say, beauty is a balance between shape and volume. It's what stimulates an esthetic feeling within us, what's pleasing to the eye, a sense of admiration.

For Jungkook, on the other hand, beauty is the thing that makes your day go around, making you believe that everything is alright in the world, makes you smile every time you see, hear or even sense it. It's what relaxes you after a hard day, it's what fills you within...

While presenting one of his assignments that required all the students to draw someone who takes their breath away with their beauty, Jungkook struggled to do the assignment.

"Who takes my breath away with their beauty? In what way? How?"

He really thought about it, and at the end decided to just draw his best friend, Chaeyeong, a girl that was his best friend while growing up, and till this day, so while thinking about her petite form, the warmth in her eyes, her happy smile, soft features of her face, he draws her in the moment his brain captured her beauty the most, when she was smiling.

While looking at some kind of fancy model portraits that the other students had drawn, Jungkook thought that maybe he had misunderstood the whole assignment, because the girl that he drew looked nothing like the figures his University colleagues had drawn.

"Jungkook, it's your turn. Could you present your work?" Sunwo, one of the oldest Busan's professors said, looking at Jungkook's drawing in amusement.

"Of course. Well...um... this is Chaeyeong. She is a real person, and is my best friend. The assignment was to draw someone who's beauty takes our breath away, and I think that this picture shows exactly that. Her effortless beauty..." the black haired man says, happy with his choice of words, but soon after, he hears small chuckles, and suppressed laughter all around the classroom.

He looked around, trying to understand what was so funny, but couldn't quite get it.

"Jungkook, your picture is quite unique and different from the others, as you might see." the professor noticed while fixing his glasses on the bridge of his nose.

"Totally different..."

"Is he joking?"

"The dude's insane..."

He could hear students adding comments, but couldn't register who was talking since all of them talked in low voices, down in their chest...

"Different how?" he asked, his brows furrowed, looking back at the professor, and two other men who were sitting next to him, looking closely at the pictures in front of them, their faces, unreadable.

He knew that today is a special day cause his professor couldn't stop talking about the two respectable professors from Seoul's Korean National University of Arts that would visit their class and decide who would be the lucky student to spend one year with full amount tuition paid for the said year, working on the upcoming project for New York's biggest Art Auction event and attend their classes regularly while living in one of the most comfortable rooms in their dormitory.

Did Jungkook want that?

Not really.

Did he care about that?

Not at all.

That's why he did the assignment the way he felt like doing, without trying to impress anyone, and just following his gut instinct.