🦋 2. Eid Fest

"Papa peeez (plz) !" Making a puppy face look, she requested Mr. Farhan to celebrate the festival. But he couldn't register her cute little acts as he was in mourning. His wife was hospitalized due to COVID 19 in a serious condition. He still wasn't able to admit the strong possibilities of losing her. Moreover, the changed behaviour of his kindreds was not letting him to overcome. Today was Eid. His 3 years old daughter knew nothing, about circumstances. The poor girl was thinking of her mom's soon re-arrival. "aa u clying ? (are u crying)" She asked her father, wiping his tears. Now the tears started flooding from his eyes and he hugged her tightly. "Sorry kiddo ! I can't do anything today. We are quarantined. Even our loved ones have turned away. Sorry for today, sweetheart, some other day." She kissed her father and said "ichchhoke (it's ok)" with a big convinced smile.

"Ding-Dong" The door bell rang.

He little surprised, reluctantly opened the door and gave a confused look at the person in front. There was Mr. Dwivedi, holding some packets gave a soft genuine smile to him.

"You?" He asked, totally confused. In point of fact they both were holding a silent war for each other all the time. But today, he came unexpectedly even in this pandemic time. Before he could register anything, Mr. Dwivedi asked to get in. "For sure" hesitantly he said. "Let's celebrate Eid dude" By those words his eyes moistened with pleasure. They both spent some happy hours together. The girl now was exuberant by getting new dress, gifts and toys. They all shared Sweet Sevai.

When Mr. Dwivedi was to leave for home, Girl asked "Untle ! youl dich was mole testy then the dich Papa toots fol me. (Uncle ! your dish was more testy then the dish papa cooks for me)" and gave her father a sheepish smile. Soft giggles spread all around. They greeted "HAPPY EID" to each other and separated.