Chapter 8

Jim leans on the door frame, peering in. You were on the multi-coloured hammock, your favourite book in hand; you looked hypnotized by the book as your eyes scanned down the page. The slight creak in the floorboards made you turn your head to see Jim, you smile widely and say, "Hey Jammo, what are you doing there?"

"I was just wondering if you wanna play some pool?" He asks lifting up the pool stick.

"Yes!" You squeak, jumping up "let's go" the happiness he saw shining through your eyes, he felt warm in the hope of your aura.

Inhaling a deep breath, you inline your eye with the rack bringing the pool stick back and pushing it forward with full force, hitting two stripes in the hole.

"impressive" Jim said, with wide eyes.          

"Yes!" you yell in victory, throwing your hands up in the air.

He slowly clapped his hands. "Well, you only one because let you" he whines.

"Psht. Yeah, okay" you say, rolling your eyes and crossing your arms.

You have no idea who started it, but you two were chasing each other all through the ship. Darting around corners while having so much fun, it felt like you were kids again!

You poke your head around the corner, 'okay, the cost is clear' but then... Jim scoops you up in his arms, it made you laugh uncontrollably. Jumping out of his grasp, the two of you panting and laughing, Jim wiped away a bead of sweat and put his hands on his knees.

"Who knew you could be so fun, Jimmy!" You say, jokingly.

"Meh, that's why I get all the ladies" he shrugs and smirks.

You roll your eyes and shove his shoulder "get out of here!"

'Gosh, is he gorgeous' you thought looking into his bright blue eyes that were full of life.