Chapter III | First Day

6.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐲

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐲

𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐕𝐢𝐞𝐰

Another day, another dollar, the habitual routine of my misery in high school was here visiting once again for vengeance. Although the day in luck went by like a flash, rather quickly. We were three periods done through the day with only one remaining class left to attend to. It was the most dangerous hour, lunch time. The time where everyone would alliance with their own individual gangs. And here I was off in search of mine. I shared only one class with Theo, second period, which was Physics. As far as Gus and Heath, I didn't see either one of them all day.

"Gray!" a voice yelled my name loudly from across the cafeteria.

I turned my head slowly towards the direction it came from before seeing a smiley Gus waving at me. "Hi," he mouthed.

I walked over to the cheery boy before reaching my hand out for him to shake.

He acceptingly complied, engaging in our signature handshake before asking, "How's life?"

"A bitch, but what's new?" I said before stuffing my hands in my pockets.

"Aww come on it can't be that bad," he said.

"Want a bet?" I asked.

"It's all about perspective Gray, if you believe life is shitty then it's gonna be shitty," he said while making dramatic hand gestures.

"On your hippie shit today are you?" I asked while rolling my eyes.

"Well it's the first day of school, this is such a divine time," he said while smiling.

I wish I could have his confidence. He was always so fucking happy.

"You sure seem in a better mood compared to last night," I said.

"Last night?" he asked.

"Don't you remember last night, the school dance?" I asked before folding my arms.

He scratched at the back of his head before seemingly coming to a realization.

"All I really remember was Tiffany Collins blowing me off in the backseat of her red jeep," Gus said.

"Okay, that definitely wasn't what I was referring to," I said before throwing my hands up, stopping him in mid sentence.

"Oh but Gray you ought to hear all about it, she's an angel," he said.